Food Cravings during 'That' Week

Options
kali31337
kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
This past week, I have been on a daily fight not to eat all of the M&Ms, ice cream, chocolate, etc that I could. I know that once I start I will be back to normal, but I'm struggling. Anybody have any ideas to power through these crazy cravings??

Replies

• JennyLiddic
    JennyLiddic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    when a craving strikes up, drink water or brush your teeth!
  • makeaprincessoutofme
    Options
    Whenever I get a craving for a snack I get a piece of gum and do ten crunches, by then I have already forgotten about what I was craving in the first place.
  • JennyLiddic
    JennyLiddic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    or if you must have chocolate, try these healthier options!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • kali31337
    Options
    thanks everyone! I'll definitely have to try all of those!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I eat one of those 100 Calorie Nabisco snack: Oreo crunchies or the chocolate covered pretzels. That helps satisfy without me going overboard. :)
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    eat something that's naturally sweet like fruit, pineapple is great for that (eating some now, actually lol)
    Skinny Cow brand has a lot of ice cream cones, sandwiches, candy bars (which are still candy, but are less cals, sodium etc...) if you really want the chocolatey/ice cream taste. I love them and usually keep them in the house so I don't go on a donut or ice cream run or something, it's better and it satisfies the craving without not getting the flavor that you want :)

And get it out of your mind that you're "allowed" to cheat because it's that time...it's mostly mental so just treat it like any other day that you're hungry and get a healthier choice!
  • kali31337
    Options
    eat something that's naturally sweet like fruit, pineapple is great for that (eating some now, actually lol)
    Skinny Cow brand has a lot of ice cream cones, sandwiches, candy bars (which are still candy, but are less cals, sodium etc...) if you really want the chocolatey/ice cream taste. I love them and usually keep them in the house so I don't go on a donut or ice cream run or something, it's better and it satisfies the craving without not getting the flavor that you want :)

And get it out of your mind that you're "allowed" to cheat because it's that time...it's mostly mental so just treat it like any other day that you're hungry and get a healthier choice!

On previous attempts to lose weight i always "allowed" myself to cheat during that time. Not this time. Time to make better choices!
  • carlyhawks05
    carlyhawks05 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I drink dark chocolate almond milk. There is a little bit of sugar, but it's amazing! I also like the Weight Watcher's Fudge Bars and Ice Cream Sandwiches!