Getting back on track

Options
Hi, I'm new here. This is my first time on the site and so far I love it! I have lost weight and gained almost all of it back. I need to lose 30 pounds total and I once was on track but fell off. Now, I am more determined and sticking to it. I'm learning to eat right and love exercise (well, maybe not love). :-) I'm not sure what exercises burn the most calories but I am doing intervals of walking and jogging at the moment.

D.G.

Replies

• shellybelly83
    Options
    Welcome! Walking/jogging intervals are actually found to burn fat faster than a steady pace. That's what I'm doing right now too. Keep up the good work!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Jentx30
    Options
    Hello, I'm new too. You are doing the right thing with intervals. It burns calories faster than slow and steady. I do HIIT cardio which is doing really high bursts of speed for a certain amount of time and then I go slower for a bit longer than the high burst of speed. Anyhoo, doing it that way is also less boring LOL. Welcome!
  • danir818
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement! I will check back often and post results. I am looking forward to a new and better body. :happy: