Looking to lose about 25-50 lbs?

Options
Hey, i have been on this site for a few months now and seem to lose some weight then put it all back on again. I'm 5ft 8 and weight 185 but looking to get down to about 150. Any tips on how to lose weight and keep it off - I've started going to a lot of fitness classes recently :D

Replies

• shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Log everything that you eat and be honest. Don't underestimate your calories. Eat to your goal everyday. It's up to you whether or not you want to eat back your exercise calories. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. Get a HRM so you know exactly how many calories your burning (HRM's with chest straps are the most accurate). It's also important to settle into an exercise routine you can stick with. And change up your workouts too. Keeps you from getting bored.

Good Luck and feel free to add me if you want. :smile:
  • mejulie83
    mejulie83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a variety of classes the now, - Body Step, LBT, Pilates - one or two classes of each once a week and adding in some jogging. The HRM's sounds like a good idea, when i'm logging how many calories I burn in a class i go by what the machine check in machine at the gym says. I try to stick to 1200 calories a day but sometime after a class I struggle to eat back the 500 calories to meet my net goal of 1200.

:smile:
  • pereaja
    pereaja Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Julie, exercising is the way to keep those pounds off.