Anyone hula hooping?

Options
I've been using my weighted hula hoop for about 7 weeks now and have lost 3inches off my waist. I know this isn't a lot but I didn't have much to lose. It's a great fun way to exercises and best of all I do it while watching my favourite tv shows! Anyone else using one? Would love to no what people do with there arms while doing it

Replies

• Frelise
    Frelise Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never thought of doing that. Seems like a great idea!! Now I want one, haha. :)
  • cartmail
    cartmail Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never thought of doing that. Seems like a great idea!! Now I want one, haha. :)
    It's brilliant me and my sister both do it. You can pick them up for a couple of £ as well
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I can't hula, I used to be able to as a kid but I just can't now.
  • sammyjbray
    sammyjbray Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I used to be awesome at hula hooping as a kid, now it just drops straight to the floor. :cry: My 5yo daughter can literally keep it going for hours. Hours lol!!
  • cartmail
    Options
    The more you do it the easier it is. I also use a skipping rope which I remember using for hours as a kid now I struggle to do 100 jumps!
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I had zumba class yesterday afternoon, but I went early just to use the weighted hoops the fitness club has. After about four attempts, I was able to get it going. Had to laugh because it was so much fun and I hadn't done the hula hoop in probably 50 years. :happy:
  • athminbri
    athminbri Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just got a weighted one with videos that are supposed to teach me how to do it. I can't seem to keep it going. I am not sure yet what I am doing wrong. To answer your question though, my video says you can hold your arms up for extra calorie burn, cross them over your chest, or fold them over just above your waist.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I just got a weighted one with videos that are supposed to teach me how to do it. I can't seem to keep it going. I am not sure yet what I am doing wrong. To answer your question though, my video says you can hold your arms up for extra calorie burn, cross them over your chest, or fold them over just above your waist.

Where did you find this?
  • cartmail
    Options
    Mines a weighted one got it as a gift. I think u can get them on amazon. I some times try to do circles with my arms while hooping but usual can't manage both lol
  • athminbri
    athminbri Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Where did you find this?

I ordered mine from Hoopnotica. They have instructional DVDs also. Although, I have watched the DVD 3 times now and still can't do it. I tried again today after reading this thread. I told my husband that I think my hoop is defective because I look like a monkey having a seizure. I will master the hoop! LOL
  • lhabedank
    lhabedank Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I love this idea, and I'm gonna look on line to get a hoop!!
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    I love hula hooping :)
  • Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Mines a weighted one got it as a gift. I think u can get them on amazon. I some times try to do circles with my arms while hooping but usual can't manage both lol

Now, when I was a kid that was no problem, legs, arms even neck. Can I even do one waist hula now, no chance. My 6 year old has tried to teach me, he can do it no problem, he looks so cute his little bottom going round and round.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've never been able to hoolahoop, not even when I was a kid. But I used to go to a Curves that had a weighted one and I loved it! I can keep a weighted going, but for some reason I can't even get a normal one started.

I got mine at WalMart, I think it was about $20.

As for what to do with my arms, I still haven't figured this out. I usually have to stop because my arms get tired, lol.
  • SarahH84
    SarahH84 Posts: 12
    Options
    I got one from Asda (think same as Walmart in the USA) for just £2 - its amazing - so much fun. Really works your core, great for your spine too. Would recommend to all the girlys :)
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever tried to use the Hula Hoop on their arms??