eggs and advacado fats?

Options
Hello everyone,

I am 32 years old and very fit. I have completed p90x a few times now. I am currently doing p90x + insanity hybrid schedule. I am 5'9 and weigh 170lbs. I set my calorie limit to 2500. I keep on going over my fat calorie limit since I am eating 1 or 2 eggs daily and a little avocado. I am not sure if this means to much since they are both healthy fats and not junk fats. I do eat a 80% raw diet so its hard for me to make the 2500 range without eating fats and reach my protein limit for the day.

thanks

Josh

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Egg, avocado, nuts, olive oil... can't go wrong.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    What are your macro nutrients you're eating at?
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Good fats can help you lose fat. These are good fats so if this is the only reason you are over on fat then you should be just fine.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs and avocado every day which cause me to go over on my fats. I'm as lean as ever. Just stick to the good fats and keep doing what you're doing.
  • dmb2002man
    dmb2002man Posts: 30
    Options
    thanks everybody. I was just curious as I am fit. I'm probably in the best shape of my life and i still have a life. Everyday for lunch i make this raw drink in a liter.

2 cups organic spinach
    1 cup organic collard
    1 or 2 bananas
    1 cup fresh strawberries
    1/2 plain non-fat yogurt from wholefoods
    1 tbsp of raw flax seeds
    1/2 cup water

I also grow my own wheat grass and just 1 oz of wheat grass daily.

http://s149.photobucket.com/albums/s62/dmb2002man/wheatgrass 2012/
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    So this morning I had 1 egg, avocado, white onion, black bean and pinto beans. I also had 2 pieces of a raw vegetable pizza that i had yesterday. Tonight I have to do p90x shoulder + arms and insanity cardio abs and my arms feel like there going to fall off now but im going to push through it. I am averaging between 100-130 proteins per day with only having 1 scoop of chocolate protein that i get from wholefoods. So i am eating the rest.
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    What about 12 grain sprouted bread? I see bread all around has a lot of carbs and I am going a bit over my goal. I am sure im burning it right up though with my workouts. My goal limit for carbs is 275.
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I second this, I hate the default MFP settings for your macros.
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I would limit the bread even the sprouted variety. I find that I'm leaner when I limit rice, bread and pasta. I don't totally eliminate it but just have it less often.
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    I second this, I hate the default MFP settings for your macros.

Daily Goal 2,500 275 67 125 (calorie, carbs, fats, proteins)
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    I would limit the bread even the sprouted variety. I find that I'm leaner when I limit rice, bread and pasta. I don't totally eliminate it but just have it less often.

i don't eat much bread but some-days i will put sprouted bread on a egg. I thought since its sprouted its very good for you because of the different grains and the sprouting. Its not the cheap generic bread and doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it. I wont eat anything with high fructose corn syrup anymore.
  • dmb2002man
    Options
    Also when i set this up I said i sit all day. I do sit all day but i have a active lifestyle. So im wondering if 2500 cals is even enough with my fitness level.