BODYPUMP?

Options
2»

Replies

• judiknyght
    judiknyght Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who has taken a BodyPump class seen anyone who was really obese in one? I'm just over 350, I do cardio several days a week and strength training either on weight machines or the TRX system twice a week. My gym has a BodyPump class tonight that I was looking at, and then came here to MFP and saw this post right on top of the recent post lists. Seems fortuitous. I went to the BodyPump website and I'm intrigued, but don't want to be the giant in a room full of beanstalks...
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Has anyone who has taken a BodyPump class seen anyone who was really obese in one? I'm just over 350, I do cardio several days a week and strength training either on weight machines or the TRX system twice a week. My gym has a BodyPump class tonight that I was looking at, and then came here to MFP and saw this post right on top of the recent post lists. Seems fortuitous. I went to the BodyPump website and I'm intrigued, but don't want to be the giant in a room full of beanstalks...
    I started BodyPump when I was around 460lbs. I am still doing it a year later at 330lbs. So yeah, obese folks can and do take the class. That being said, my classes are filled with "beanstalks" - I am by far the biggest person (and also the only guy). I think that on average, any group class you take will be filled with folks who are smaller and fitter than you. That is, UNTIL you get there too! :drinker: :wink:
  • SparkleHorse224
    SparkleHorse224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I freaking hate lifting weights but I will do it if I can do a BodyPump class. : ) I like that each song is a different group of exercises so that I know, "Ok, if I just make it through this song...I can do that..." I like having someone tell me "Do this exercise with this weight."