off the wagon for 5 days - BIG TIME!

Options
So i was doing really well; had lost 16lbs in 5 weeks (i'm aware the majority of this would have been water weight at the beggining) going to the gym 4 days a week definitly working up a sweat etc etc - feeling really good.

Then my mum came to stay for a few days - i'm at uni so i'm in control of my food and weight here and if anything i cant actually afford nice food or takeaways. But when my mum came to visit me we went out for lovely meals, fish and chips on the beach, cake, cinema with sweets, pizza and because i put on weight while she was here i have found it really hard to get back into good eating and going back to the gym. i've succumbed to bad food sinces she left and in my head i keep thinking i've put some weight on now whats the point.?!?!?!

I go on holiday in 4 and a half weeks and this is the million-th time i've tried to get my weight under control.

i just need some help on picking myself up after falling off the wagon.. any advise???

Replies

• jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    Normally what I try to do is remember how good I felt before I ate all of those crummy foods. I think about how it was easier to breath walking up the steps, and how much easier it was to get through a day at work. Usually what gets me is remember my goals to begin with.

I hope this helps,
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    "Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely..." Ralph Waldo Emerson