Tasty low calorie snacks/treats

Options
cartmail
cartmail Posts: 36 Member
So my idea of a low calorie treat is anything around 100 calories. so far I've found Cadburys light mousses(60) caramel aero mousse (93) rocky robins (83) orange kitkats (107) smiths salt and vinegar chip sticks (108) and walkers French fries (83) any one got any other tasty low calories treats that maybe we shouldn't have but won't break the calorie bank :)

Replies

• wgn4166
    wgn4166 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I have a bad habit of wanting chips with everything I eat. I stopped eat them and switched to pretzels. The sodium is too high. I would like to know of something crunchy I can have with my lunch that is low sodium also.
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm a savoury nibbler and make sure I plan for a bag of something each evening. I find that Tesco Everyday Value multi-packs of crisps (salted, cheese & onion, salt & vinegar), potato hoops (basically the same as Hula-Hoops) and their snack assortment (onion rings, salt & vinegar sticks, cheese puffs) are excellent as they really hit the spot and range from around 80-110cals a bag.
    For a healthy savoury snack I always munch on home pickled veggies (chilli's, carrot, beetroot, cabbage, Brussel sprouts, radishes, onion etc). I never put sugar in my pickling vinegar so this keeps the calorie count down to just the basic vegetable count. Nice'n'spicy, healthy, filling and guilt free, perfect! :happy:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My current favorite snack: blending 2 tbsp of PB2 with 1 tbsp of Milo powder and a bit of water into a thick paste and spreading it on a roll of Arnold's multi-grain sandwich thins. It's a whopping 207 calories with 37g of carbs and 11g of protein but holy cow is it satisfying.

While browsing my landlady's baking pantry and reading nutrition labels off things last night, I discovered 1 tbsp of Hershey's natural unsweetened cocoa powder has only 10 calories and 1g net carbs. I intend to replace the Milo powder with ½ tbsp of the cocoa powder, and spread the PB2/cocoa paste on a piece of low-carb toast. Total # of calories in this new treat: 85.

YUM!
  • AndiJ2011
    AndiJ2011 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well I am lazy and don't like to prep alot of food at work.

My AM snack is baby carrots, cucumber slices and pistachios on the side.