Maybe I'm weird...

Options
Does anyone else find they have a hard time reaching their calorie goals for the day. I used to allow my self 1200 a day, and I realized I almost never made it. I always under. I've adjusted it lower but I'd rather eat the recommended amount then work it off at the gym later.

I'm in a weird spot because I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry, but I don't want to be under my goal either.

Has anyone else felt weird about this?

Replies

• ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    i dont really find it hard to eat 1200 cals. i think you should be making that goal at the very least. i can't see what you eat but if you are eating low fat stuff, try just eating the "whole" instead. should be a super easy to up those cals! good luck to you!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hey,
    I have no problem reaching my cal goal, I just wanna drop some advice out there,

Maybe add some avo in, its light very good for you!

Be careful not to eat too little, your body needs to have enough to function properly be healthy:smile:
  • britlocs
    britlocs Posts: 124
    Options
    i'm trying to gain,and eating more is very difficult for me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else find they have a hard time reaching their calorie goals for the day. I used to allow my self 1200 a day, and I realized I almost never made it. I always under. I've adjusted it lower but I'd rather eat the recommended amount then work it off at the gym later.

I'm in a weird spot because I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry, but I don't want to be under my goal either.

Has anyone else felt weird about this?

Nope!
    I eat just below TDEE for the day.
    So some days have me at 3k cals and some days have me at 2k cals.
    Armed with the knowledge that you can eat anything to lose weight leaves you with thousands of options to get you to your goal.

Dont you feel lazy now?

Trying to eat 3400cals of "clean" unprocessed foods....now thats a challenge!
    Thats why we have Ben and Jerry's and HoHos!
  • Melanie_RS
    Melanie_RS Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    maybe you are weird. or have eating disorder issues.

take your pick.

try protein smoothies - add peanut butter, add protein, add fruit and veggies, eat nuts and beans.

under 1200 is a bit worrisome.

or did you want attention?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    calorie and nutrition rich foods can easily increase your numbers every day (healthy oils and fats). If you were a notorious under eater before joining here, then you're body isn't a good gauge of whether or not you should eat . . . just because you're not physically hungry doesn't mean your body doesn't need sustenance, it just means it's used to working under budget.
  • jennkain97
    jennkain97 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I definitely have the same problem. As a matter of fact, when I was doing "Rapid Fat Loss" and only had about 800 cal/day to use, I STILL had a hard time and had to force myself to eat. Unfortunately, any time I have a "treat", suddenly I can eat, and eat, and eat! I'm super carb sensitive, but when I'm eating "clean", it's hard to reach my goals without going to higher density foods (full fat dairy, more fruit than veg, etc). I even add vanilla protein powder to my coffee to be sure I'm getting enough protein.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I would have no problem meeting a 1200 cal goal, sometimes I find it hard to make it to 1890 though. There are plenty of things you could eat to meet 1200. Nuts, avocado's, cheese...etc
  • 20shan08
    20shan08 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I do too at times. But I never let myself go under 1200, I aim for 1300. If I find myself under at the end of the day I'll have a glass of milk with a pack of Blue Diamid almonds, 140 cals or a cheese stick. I'm never hungry, I snack once or twice between each meal
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    thanks for your input. I have made my diary public if any of you want to see and suggest any snacks. My biggest fear is that eating when i'm not hungry will undo what I've been doing. I try to eat small snacks every two hours while I'm working. I love vegetables, fortunately they are filling and low cal.

I would love to hear what healthy snacks you eat to help reach your calorie goal for the day.
  • toffee322
    toffee322 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    i looked at your food log. i wish i could eat clean and light like you!.... maybe i enjoy food way too much.. which is bad!

you can add some nuts/seeds to your salad, since i see that you eat salad for lunch a lot! those are healthy and will up your calories easily!
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you, it really means a lot to hear that. Specially after a KFC dinner like last night. If I had to eat fruits a lot it would be a different story, I just LOVE vegetables.

So adding nuts to salads can help, and some milk and cheese. Any other yummy ideas?
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Also you might want to get a scale to weigh your foods. I noticed you wrote that you ate 1 oz of chicken. That would be a piece about 1" by 1 1/2" square. I like adding hummus to salads, plus some energy bars when I need some extra calories.