I had to share...

Options
kroger7
kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
So there I am, mid afternoon, I haven't had my lunch yet because I've had back to back classes (I'm a junior in college), and I have time to run and get a coffee on my break in class. So, while I'm standing there waiting for my non fat latte (my little treat), the cafeteria lady comes right up to me and says "do you want some cake? it's free?" and shoves a slice of chocolate mocha cream cake right in my face.....free cake??!?! are you kidding me?!! But you know what? I said "no thank you" got my coffee and walked back to class. Anyone who has a sweet tooth like me will appreciate how hard that was!! hahaha so I had to share, because I knew only you fellow MFP-ers could truly understand.

Free cake?? :noway: come on.... :laugh:

Replies

• jfilon
    Options
    Being a junior in college myself and knowing how beautiful the words "free" and "cake" go together, I can totally appreciate your willpower. You're doing awesome, girl! :):):)
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I am jealous of your will power! I am not sure that I could have said no to free chocolate cake! Good job!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Yay for willpower!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Next time someone is handing out free cake. take it, place it in a box and PM me for my address and shipping information. lol JK.

Way to go! that's awesome!

:drinker:
  • erodriquez
    Options
    Your willpower is amazing! I would never been able to say no :smile:
  • klhain
    klhain Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's some impressive willpower!! Good Job!
  • gvarner
    Options
    Doesn't it make you feel great to know that you were in control of the situation. You can build on that great feeling!!! Way to go!!!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Good job! I completely understand. I walked by the bakery at the grocery store and commented to the cake decorator that watching her was making me hungry and she said, "I have an extra brownie do you want one?" I said, "no thanks I'm dreaming from afar"...... very hard to do.
  • kristen5286
    kristen5286 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome!! Great job! I know what you mean though. I'm a flight attendant and the pilots always offer us candy and stuff and I always say no!! It's hard but I just think of all the extra minutes I'll have to exercise to burn those calories so I just say no.. like it's a drug! ha ha ha!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!