MFP says I should weigh...

Options
According to MFP...I should have been under 120 weeks ago. For the most part during the week I stay under my calorie goals. Should I re-evaluate my numbers? Last weigh in was around 123, but I'm trying to get to 119. Any suggestions?

Replies

• JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    It's just an estimation.....
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    And you're either not logging everything or not eating enough. Eat to your calorie goal and yes that means exercise calories if you have set your goals according to MFP. MFP has given you a deficit already.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well, I use a My FitBit and I do eat some of my exercise calories back. Just wondering if there's anything else I should do. It could be muscle too thats keeping me from going down. I have been trying to work out 4 times a week.
  • maxinecc
    maxinecc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think that as you are so close to your goal, and don't really have any more to lose, it might be a case of this is where my body needs to be. It's not just about getting down to your goal it's about being able to stay there without too much effort.

everyone is different, so whats right for one wont be right for someone else.

Well done on you losses so far
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    It's most likely not muscle if you're not eating enough... you said you work out 4 times a week? Does that include strength training or just cardio exercises?
  • sweetpea7441
    sweetpea7441 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've heard alot of people say that when they plateau they actually eat more for a couple weeks and then go back to what they were eating before.
    This helps them get past the plateau.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    You have so many days in your diary that are like 300 calories or even completely blank. Try logging every day.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lower your calorie goals at all. 1200 is the *minimum* you should be eating - if anything you should be eating a little more.

Try strength training (lifting heavy) and doing HIIT (i dont' know what your workouts are). That should give your body a bit of a boost.

You'll get there if you keep working at it. The numbers MFP gives are just a best guess on their part and don't/can't take everything into consideration.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The 3500 calorie weekly deficit to lose 1lb of fat in a week is desperately, deeply flawed.

It has never been proven and will never be.

The human body is not a test tube, it's more complex than that.
  • VanessaGS
    Options
    Well, I do the Jillian Michael's 6w6p. I just finished 30DS a few weeks ago. There are blanks in my diary cuz I was on vacation and couldn't log it all. I tried try to eat as little as possible though and did ALOT of walking at Disneyland. I'm hoping to start Insanity afterwards.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Regina George: "I want to lose 3 pounds"
    Mean Girls: "What are you talking about, you look great!"
    Regina George: "Shut up!"
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    When you skip entire days of logging, or skip logging meals, MFP looks at that day at 0 calories, so of COURSE it will tell you that you will weigh less in a few weeks because it doesn't know what you are actually accumulating.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Eat to your calorie goal and yes that means exercise calories if you have set your goals according to MFP. MFP has given you a deficit already.

And make sure that you're only set to lose 1/2 lb per week. If you only have a little to go, you should be eating more.
  • VanessaGS
    Options
    When you skip entire days of logging, or skip logging meals, MFP looks at that day at 0 calories, so of COURSE it will tell you that you will weigh less in a few weeks because it doesn't know what you are actually accumulating.

I thought MFP did it as a daily value...not as a whole? Am I wrong about this? On days I don't log everything I don't finalize it.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Your body my just be happy where it is!
  • VanessaGS
    Options
    Ok I switched from losing 1 lb a week to losing 1/2 lbs per week. Let's see if that helps me. I do know I'm toning up though. I can see and feel the difference in my jeans. YAY!
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    :smile: I think you're doing fine. You'll definitely see a difference when you start Insanity. It not only incorporates cardio but strength training as well ...it's tough but stick with it and you'll see amazing results. I'm half way through week 4. You can do it.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options

I thought MFP did it as a daily value...not as a whole? Am I wrong about this? On days I don't log everything I don't finalize it.
    That number is assuming you eat exactly the same things every day for 5 weeks as you did on the day you hit "complete." Obviously, you did not do that. So you shouldn't expect to reach that #. And it does not take into account water weight, gain from muscle soreness, etc.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    According to MFP...I should have been under 120 weeks ago. For the most part during the week I stay under my calorie goals. Should I re-evaluate my numbers? Last weigh in was around 123, but I'm trying to get to 119. Any suggestions?
    Note that it also says "if every day were like today"...meaning if you ate and exercised the exact same way every single day...

Its just an estimation, and it sounds like you're on track, so hang in there and don't stress out. Its not like you have 50 lbs to lose. The last 5 or so is always very slow to come off!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    You have so many days in your diary that are like 300 calories or even completely blank. Try logging every day.

This. You could be wiping out your previous deficits on the days you don't log. Also, keep in mind the MFP is only a very rough estimation.