Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

i cant stop eating?

alymarphi
alymarphi Posts: 90 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
so i went on a vegas trip with my husband last weekend. He made me not diet. I was doing extremely well with everything before the trip and now i cant stop eating.
i quit my job last week, im a full tme student and mother.
My whole family is also sick. my newborn is the worst he has croup. my 2 yr old has a little cold. My husband and I have some kind of cold thing.
My husband has been working while sick, so im home alone with an extrermly sick infant.

So im definitally under major stress...
but i still want to stop eating and i cant, its nuts!

Replies

• It also sounds like your body is fighting off something... If I were you, I woul focus on taking in more fluids - it could help you get over the cold you have and also fill you up so you don't feel as hungry. I always feel like eating when I get sick - Your body is working extra hard so it needs to stay energized
    :flowerforyou: Get better
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 710 Member
    I have three kids and all have asthma who get croupy coughs everytime they get sick so I feel your pain. Until you are healthier and you little one is not so sick I wouldn't worry too much about overeating, just eat healthy and get as much sleep as you can to keep up your energy. It seems that whenever I overeat I am hungrier the next day. It is so frustrating but the next day I try to fill up on salad first and then go for the protein or grains after I started off with the salad. It really seems to curb the appetite. :smile:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Little tough love here, nobody made you eat. You ate because you chose to eat. Maybe you had good reasons, and maybe you didn't, but that's not for us to decide, that's for you to come to terms with. Now, being here means you want to take charge of your health, and that's awesome, and we here will all suppport you with whatever we can give, but it starts with you. The choices we make define us as people, you can choose to be healthy. All of those things that you listed are simply things to work into your plan. Are they bad situations that you will stress about? For sure, but that doesn't mean you can't work through them and continue to be healthy!

You CAN stop eating, you just have to make the choice not to put that next piece of food in your mouth. I know it's hard (it was hard for everyone on here who has succeeded), but it can be done, be confident, don't look for the strength, generate it, by sheer force of will. Take control of your unconcious mind and say "I WON'T eat that next piece of food; I WILL stop when I've eaten as much as I allow myself!"

You we're strong enough to come on MFP and admit something to us, so I know you're strong enough to beat temptation and adversity! I have faith in you, so should you.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Often when you're sick, your body will want more food so it has the fuel to fight off whatever's ailing you.
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    Little tough love here, nobody made you eat. You ate because you chose to eat. Maybe you had good reasons, and maybe you didn't, but that's not for us to decide, that's for you to come to terms with. Now, being here means you want to take charge of your health, and that's awesome, and we here will all suppport you with whatever we can give, but it starts with you. The choices we make define us as people, you can choose to be healthy. All of those things that you listed are simply things to work into your plan. Are they bad situations that you will stress about? For sure, but that doesn't mean you can't work through them and continue to be healthy!

You CAN stop eating, you just have to make the choice not to put that next piece of food in your mouth. I know it's hard (it was hard for everyone on here who has succeeded), but it can be done, be confident, don't look for the strength, generate it, by sheer force of will. Take control of your unconcious mind and say "I WON'T eat that next piece of food; I WILL stop when I've eaten as much as I allow myself!"

You we're strong enough to come on MFP and admit something to us, so I know you're strong enough to beat temptation and adversity! I have faith in you, so should you.

well said!! :bigsmile: I actually saved this in my email so I can read it from time to time. Will power is so very hard at first but after time it gets better. We can all do this if we put all our effort into it. Before I eat anything I ask myself truthfully if I AM hungry or am I eating because it's there. More times then not i'm eating because it's in front of me and I get some water and walk away :drinker: Take it a day at a time...that's the best we can do.
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.