Relocating to JAX

Options
2»

Replies

• jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I've heard great things about the zoo and shopping. I'd love to hear about any other great draws that would keep the kiddos entertained. I think the beach will help with that for the first few months!

Since you asked :happy: , I'll plug the Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary on the northside of town for family outings. I'm a volunteer there and it is a sanctuary for big cats. We currently have lions, tigers, leopards, cougars, bobcats, and two other non-cat species. We're open on select days (weekends) and its an awesome time, you get to see the animals super close! Our website is cattyshack.org for directions and hours of operation!

Ohhh, glad you posted this...I'm going to look it up for our trip there this weekend!
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses. I've heard great things about the zoo and shopping. I'd love to hear about any other great draws that would keep the kiddos entertained. I think the beach will help with that for the first few months!

Since you asked :happy: , I'll plug the Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary on the northside of town for family outings. I'm a volunteer there and it is a sanctuary for big cats. We currently have lions, tigers, leopards, cougars, bobcats, and two other non-cat species. We're open on select days (weekends) and its an awesome time, you get to see the animals super close! Our website is cattyshack.org for directions and hours of operation!

I am the Service Manager just down the road at DeBerry Electric, I think we just done some Donation work for you guys there, way cool place.
  • travisseger
    travisseger Posts: 271 Member
    Options

My daughter went with her school not too long ago and loved it.
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Jacksonville is a great place to live contrary to what a lot of people may think. There are far worst places to live trust me.
    Personally I live in the Argyle/Oakleaf area which has some great commuinties and people around it. The schools are highly rated, there is relatively easy access to the rest of Jax via the 295 Beltway, and you have the option of gaated or non-gated communities.
    If you are looking for a welcoming church home then may I suggest the church my family and I attend, Celebration Church Orange Park. It is an amazing church that is sitting still, but relishes in reaching the rest of the community and rest of the world.
    My family and I would be happy to meet yours and welcome you guys to Jax. Feel free to friend me.