NSV - Running without slowing down or stopping

Options
justal313
justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
Last night I ran 3.1 miles (5K) without slowing down to a walk or stopping. Previously I have needed to slow down after a mile or so. Earlier in the month I ran a 10K but I had to slow down to a walk maybe 3 or 4 times. Last night was on the treadmill but if I can keep doing this there, I should be able to do this on Tera Firma. I have the Warrior Dash coming up but also a couple of 5Ks I want to run. Maybe I'll be able to do them without slowing down.

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    :smile: Yesssssssss! That's awesome! I am up to 6 minutes of jogging in place without stopping. I appreciate the inspiration!
  • banstett
    banstett Posts: 95
    Options
    That's great! Running does eventually get easier if you keep it up. Again, congrats!
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! :drinker: It's an amazing feeling when you finish!! I agree with banstett, running does get easier the more you do it!! I have NEVER been a runner! Until now, I look forward to going for a good run...outside runs are even better!!:bigsmile:
  • justal313
    Options
    Thanks all.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    It's awesome. Congratulations! And in 6 months time you'll be saying the same about a 10k! Keep it up!
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    How long dis you take to do it? And what did you do?
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's a great feeling! I personally find running on the treadmill harder than running outside on trails or even the track. Not sure if it's mental, physical, or both.
  • justal313
    Options
    How long dis you take to do it? And what did you do?

I've been running on the treadmill since maybe about May or June.

I now go to the rail trail once or twice a week now and I can run about 4 miles without having to slow down, sometimes a little less, sometimes a little more.

I ran an actual 5k a weekend ago (so like 9 days agao) in just over a half hour so I'm not breaking any records but it's all about me anyway and my fitness goals. I have the warrior dash in 19 days and a 5k the next day.

I have a private 5k in October and I'm thinking about a santa run in December then it's only the treadmil until the spring when I'm probably joining a running series. You have to do two races over a 5K so I'll probably do the 4mile and one of the 10Ks.

Then next November there's a 1/2 marathon I'm hoping to be ready for and with 14 months to prepare I should be.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!