Saddlebags?

Options
Well, the title says all. I'm a bit over weight, I'm 138 pounds and about 5'2" - 5"4. Not sure exactly how tall. I have a naturally "curvy" body type, with fairly thick thighs, big boobs and a big butt/hips. I'm hoping to drop about 20 - 25 pounds and lose some body fat. But, I'm a pear. So that means I gain weight in my hips/thighs and I hate it!!

I have minor saddlebags, and I really dislike them. They're about like this:

http://www.prlog.org/11433202-liposuction-should-complement-womans-body-proportions-says-dr-sandra-lee.html

And, I just truly want to reduce them as much as possible. I know it's partially genetics, but if there's anything I can do, that would be great. I already do lots of squats (different variations, including "plies") and I do lunges (like side lunges, too). I can't go out and run or sprint, so I have to make due with inside exercises.

Is there any advice anyone can give me? :((

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Mine used to look exactly like this when I was 128-130 pounds.

#1 factor - diet. If you keep your diet in check, the body fat will eventually be gone.

I'm now 110 pounds and while I'm genetically still curvy in this area and carry my fat here, it is smooth and looks good, not lumpy.

As for exercise just do what you're doing...heavy lifting does help A LOT.

Hope this helps!
  • amysaenz24
    amysaenz24 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked this, we are close to the same height and weight, i have the same problem area i hate it!! i am slim up top, but bigger at the bottom, i know it runs in the family. but i would really like to know to.
  • kflong
    kflong Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree with kdiamond. I am 5'3" on a good day and weigh the same as you at the moment. I started at my heaviest at 158 and got down to 130 where I felt a huge difference in my dreaded legs! I have since gained a few pounds and I always notice right away in my legs/butt. I ultimately would love to get to 120-125 but it differs for people. Lift heavy and do what you are doing for exercise. Eating is huge!! That will remove the fat and make a world of diference. good luck