Vegetarian slow cooker Recipes 

Options
Hi guys! I just got a slow cooker recently. Does anyone have any great vegetarian (or vegan) slow cooker recipes ? Thanks!

Replies

• seamonkey789
    seamonkey789 Posts: 233
    Options
    I usually throw in green split peas, mock chicken broth, onions garlic and celery and barley for stick to your ribs food.

You can also do red lentils with stewed tomatoes and masala and toss in a can of coconut milk at the end.

I have also attempted to make vegetarian chicken soup when sick with mock chicken broth, veggies, and the soy nuggets they use at whole foods to make mock chicken salad, but it didn't turn out too well. I think the nuggets need to be cooked in a skillet and tossed in later
  • MLeeTPA
    MLeeTPA Posts: 3
    Options
    Check out getcrocked.com , they have a vegetarian section! :-)
    ML
  • SelkieDiver
    SelkieDiver Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I make a yummy minestrone soup (its a huge recipe - fills a 6 qt cooker to the top):
    1 can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can diced tomatoes
    2 Tbs tomato paste
    1 bag frozen mixed veggies (I used the fancy ones with corn, green beans, carrots, & lima beans)
    1 medium diced onion
    2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
    Water (enough to cover plus 1-2")
    2 bay leaves
    Dried Oregano, to taste
    Dried Basil, to taste
    chili flakes to taste
    Put on Low and let it go for 8-12 hrs.

I also add some chopped chard or kale about 1 hr before its finished but that's totally optional. Also, I watch my sodium so all the beans and the tomatoes are No Salt Added.
  • ilovecoffee314
    ilovecoffee314 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow those all sound great! Thanks everyone :)
  • hmoncel0409
    hmoncel0409 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I make a yummy minestrone soup (its a huge recipe - fills a 6 qt cooker to the top):
    1 can Garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can Kidney beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can diced tomatoes
    2 Tbs tomato paste
    1 bag frozen mixed veggies (I used the fancy ones with corn, green beans, carrots, & lima beans)
    1 medium diced onion
    2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
    Water (enough to cover plus 1-2")
    2 bay leaves
    Dried Oregano, to taste
    Dried Basil, to taste
    chili flakes to taste
    Put on Low and let it go for 8-12 hrs.

I also add some chopped chard or kale about 1 hr before its finished but that's totally optional. Also, I watch my sodium so all the beans and the tomatoes are No Salt Added.

Bump! :bigsmile:
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
  • jstavely
    jstavely Posts: 1
    Options
    are you doing away with meat totally? I have a crock pot cookbook and can look but not sure off ingredients you want to leave out. ex. chick broth or beef broth? let me know and I will look in my book. Love you