Trader Joe's

Options
I am going to our nearest Trader Joe's today to check it out. I have heard a lot of great things about it! Any suggestions on "must try's". I know I would like to buy some quinoa.

Thanks!

Replies

• SKHaz1
    SKHaz1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just discovered it as well so I'll be interested to see what people say. I really like their Vegetable fried rice. I don't use oil to cook it though. I use I can't believe its not butter spray since its 0 calories and it works well.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    When I'm craving Chinese food, I get the Gyoza Potstickers Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings in the freezer aisle, sooo yummy you think they are take out, but not nearly as bad for you.
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I love TJ's and shop there once a week! Any variety of their chicken sausage... roasted garlic, sundried tomato. They have premarinated chicken breasts as well, the pesto genovese is my fav! The bagged lettuce is great, butter and radichio mmm! The barbecue pulled chicken is super yummy and all you have to do is microwave for a few minutes. They also have a TON of frozen meals, minimally processed and super convenient. The gnocchi sorrentino is delish and a nice treat. I could go on and on about what's good their! You should check out the blog www.whatsgoodattraderjoes.com

Hope you have fun!!
  • T2trinco
    T2trinco Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love their pre-packaged stir fry veggie mix. Get that, along with some teriyaki marinated tofu for an awesome and super quick stir fry!

Also, LOVE the powerberries! (They're in a purple bag.)

The white balsamic is excellent for veggies and marinating (and cheap!)

And of course the WINE SELECTION!!

Basically everything there, I'm a big fan of TJ's.
  • magerz18
    magerz18 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot, the chicken lime burgers in the frozen section, uhhmazinggg :)
  • lala40217
    lala40217 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    i love the pot stickers also-- i spray the pan with canola pam and brown them up a bit then add a quarter cup of water or so, cover and let them simmer for about 10 minutes. put them in a pretty little bowl, add a dash of low sodium soy.... mmmmmmm what a treat!
  • T2trinco
    T2trinco Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    PS the veggie mix is fresh, not frozen.
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions!! Keep em coming!
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Love the "simply a handful of Almonds, Cashews and Cranberries". Pre portioned, these have save my life. I have a bunch in the trunk of my car for "post workout fade" or just "waited too long to eat". I have had one for Breakfast in a pinch.
    Be cautious of the prepared salads, sometimes they look like a calories bargin then you notice it serves 21
    Many prepacked vegies ready to microwave.
    organic eggs and organic butter. Great coofees and teas.
    Last night we had a Ravioli and a bruschetta both from TJ's
    .Frozen grilled chicken breast!
  • lvlygrrl
    lvlygrrl Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I hear so much about this Trader Joe's and I'm so sad...the closest one is over 100 miles away! Wah!
  • erinn43
    erinn43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What is not to love about Trader Joes? I love it. Their jalapeno hummus- to die for. Also their Vanilla Low Fat Granola Cereal, Orange Chicken, BBQ chicken... MMM! Tons of great healthy frozen dinners, chicken lime burgers- MMM! Their salsas.... Really try it- going there is an adventure!
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love their seasoned fish fillets! Salmon and tilapia. Ready to throw in a pan and cook! They are delicious - often we just serve them over some of the instant brown rice. I also love their Greek yogurt and mini pearl grape tomatoes (not to be eaten together of course ;) ).

I'm still checking it out - usually just run in and out real quick but I will have to look into some of the items on this post next time I go with more time!
  • Brizoeller
    Brizoeller Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Their trail mix is amazing. Their frozen chili lime chicken burgers. Soycutash. Tofu edamame nuggets. Their almond butter is to die for. Fiberful granola bars. Hummus is good. Their flatbread pizza. Love their string cheese. Pesto=yum. Chipotle salsa. I could go on forever. I could live in that store.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Almost forgot, the chicken lime burgers in the frozen section, uhhmazinggg :)

Agreed! These are great for a fast dinner.

My regular Trader Joe's purchases:
    Valencia Creamy Peanut Butter
    Almonds, shelled pistachios, cashews
    Greek yogurt
    frozen berries
    dark chocolate mini peanut butter cups
    Tortilla chips
    Spicy chipotle salsa (the BEST low salt salsa I've ever had)
    lite coconut milk (again, the only lite coconut milk I actually love)
    hummus - especially the chipotle and avocado hummus
    Cilantro and chive yogurt dip - so amazing I can't believe it's that low cal
    organic carrots, broccoli, spinach - best prices on organic around
    frozen wild salmon
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the Cinnamon Crumpets. Evil goodness! *lol*

We don't have one anywhere near us, but I went to one in NC while visiting a friend. Best buy? (Other than above...I told you to ignore that!) was the coffee beans! *lol* My son loved the Mango Butter I bought there.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's has the BEST Greek yogurt. I get the plain 2% and use it in everything - eat it with fruit and honey, put it in my oatmeal for added protein, use it as a sour cream substitute, put it in smoothies....
  • evajg
    evajg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Our TJ's and Whole Foods are right down the street from each other.
    I shop there once a week....I go into TJ's first to see what's on sale...they have better prices on their
    unsalted rice cakes, olive oils, coconut oils, almond oils, almond butter; etc.
    Sometimes their fresh veggies and fruits may have a better price.
    When I'm done I head on down to WF's and finish there. They are both on the other side of the city (Nashville).
    So I bring insulated bags with me.
    Our local Publix carries several organic choices of salad mixes and fixings, so I can pick up those during the week to fill in (less spoilage).
    But for wild caught salmon and organic butter, cocount flour, and bulk items, etc.....I have to make the trip across town.
    I go early, so I can beat the traffic! That's my Saturday mornings!
  • reallyally1
    Options
    Trader Joe's is the BEST. A few of my favorites include:

- panko crusted tilapia
    - whole grain vegetable lasagna
    - better n' peanut butter
    - quinoa with vegetable melange (freezer aisle)

They also have some of the best apples year round (the pink lady variety).
  • MrsJBC
    MrsJBC Posts: 10
    Options
    Trader Joe's is new to my area and I'm so stuck on that store now. Most things I've tried so far have been great! These are my familys favs so far.

Mediterranean Hummus
    Mandarin Chicken (frozen in an orange bag)
    Pork Siopao (steamed buns)
    Cookie butter (dangerously good)
    seaweed snacks
    Frozen organic Jasmine rice
    Banana chips
    Dried Mango slices
  • KimmieSue2011
    KimmieSue2011 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love TJ's. My favorite healthy foods are:

Trader Joes Healthy 8 Chopped Veggies (fresh)
    Asian Style Spicy Peanut vinagette
    (I bring these two to work for snacks)

Also their bagged veggies: broccoli slaw, snap peas, etc.

Their lemonade fast flavor sticks (like a Crystal Light) I add to water.

Their nuts

Pre cooked chicken breast strips

Hummus (I slice up cucumbers and eat with it)

My kids like their frozen foods: mini tacos, mini pizzas, orange chicken,

You are going to love it! Have fun. .