Born FAT or just LAZY?

Options
Some are born with more fat genes than others and some of those people will fight all their life to try to keep weight off. If you ask those that won the battle they will tell you it was tough and took a major life style change to make it happen. Simple version would be 1) eat less 2) exercise more

I REFUSE to believe if those two things are done you won’t lose weight! ITS JUST SO F*CKING HARD TO DO!!!

Although I wasn't born a big kid I have allowed a couple of severed Achilles tendons to push me into habits that were not bestowed upon me as a kid. I am really only talking to my age group here (40 and over). If any of us were to think back when we were kids we would have a hard time trying to remember more than 20 kids in our high school class that were overweight. IF they were, you know you probably never saw them outside playing or involved in activities on a regular basis. They always had a sniggidy snack!

Not true today. When I look at my kids classmates I see more than half of the kids with a little more of what we used to call baby fat. My goal going forward is not only for me but for my kids and their friends also. I want to bestow in my kids that it’s ok for you to eat some of the things you want (in moderation) but you have to exercise/ do activities out or in the house on a regular basis. BURN MORE THEN WHAT YOU EAT!

My answer to the question is LAZY! Something I will refuse to do anymore!

Replies

• tinlis
    tinlis Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi,
    I think there is no easy answer to todays growing fat problem. I believe that our 'civilised' diet is mostly at fault. I am 65, Irish and female. As a child I only remember two fat ladies (no men) and they had health problems. I was force fed by nuns (enough said)
    I started getting fatter at the age of 45. I always swore that 80 Kilos would be my upper limit. I did get to 82 kilos at 160 cm tall.
    What changed in my life? 1)The aging process.2)Restaurant visits. 3)Alcohol. 4)Chocolate etc.....
    I gave up 2, 3 and 4 and lost 9kilos in one year. I walk 1.5-2,5 hours a day. My aim is 65,
    I think we cannot correct years of stupid eating/drinking habits in weeks or months. We have to learn to plod on. It took time to gain and it will take time to lose. Tinlis:bigsmile:
  • TrutHurtZ
    TrutHurtZ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love your honesty Tinlis,

It’s so true. We have allowed today’s society to influence us on what to eat and even the times we should eat. Does everyone really get hungry at 12noon? We have to retime our bodies...easier said than done :wink: