Advise needed from Exercise Physiologist/Health Professional

Options
Here is my situation:

I was working out last night on the elliptical trainer for 60 minutes. The exercise program settings were the same as usual with no changes. Time and intensity did not change and calories burned were in the same range as I usually am. I was well hydrated and had eaten prior to the workout (within 3 or so hours), too.

The two variables that changed were the time I exercised (evening as opposed to day) and I took a phentermine pill (prescribed by doctor) at approximately 1100 in the morning (I don't take them every day as I am not a huge proponent of chemically altering ones metabolism to loose weight. The effect range of the phentermine, if I remember correctly, is between 8-10 hours.

I was feeling a little light headed or disoriented just before my workout. I just thought it was because of coming "down" from the phentermine. I felt okay during the workout, but was feeling more disoriented and light headed afterwards. At other times these feelings occurred I would drink some water and have a Special K protein bar. That would usually make me feel better as I thought it was low blood sugar.

This time, the disorientation last over an hour. I know what lactate threshold feels like and this was not it. Other physical feelings I was having besides the disorientation were "cold chills" on my arms, shoulders, and head, and some slight dizziness.

Any ideas?

Replies