drinking and weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    If your a vodka lover try just plain vodka (flavored has more calories and sugars... so i hear) on ice with club soda (0 everything) and as much freshly squeezed lime/lemon.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A glass of champagne is only 80 calories...
  • hiddensmiles21
    Options
    Trust me I'm the SAME way. I love my un-wind at the end of the day. I have switched to MGD64 for beer because I know I can drink 2 and stay in my calorie budget. Or if I'm drinking white wine, I'll go 50/50 with wine and club soda and make a white wine spritzer. Also regular rum is low in calories so that with some lime and club soda is good too!
    Above all, just factor it in to your day!
  • kellyo811
    kellyo811 Posts: 5
    Options
    this sounds great...I am a wine person but my problem there is knowing if I really an drinking a portion size, occasionally convincing myself that 3 glasses is totally necessary, etc. I feel like with a drink like this I'd have more wiggle room to "over indulge" a bit, and it sounds super refreshing in this heatwave!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I've only had 1 glass of wine since I started tracking, but I just fit it into my daily calories. If I end up swimming today and have a lot of calories left, I'll probably have another glass. There's no reason you can't have your wine, just make sure you have the calories to fit it in. :)
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Newest information I heard is women who have a couple cocktails every night have better bone density (or no loss of density). fit it into your calories. Everything has pros and cons. If I only have a bit of calories I will drink a reduced calorie beer, if I have enough calories i will have a regular beer (or 2). Moderation is always key.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i too enjoy my wine and was drinking 1-2 glasses everyday then realized i didn't want to save those calories for wine so i cut back to 1-2 glasses twice a week monday-friday. saturday i do enjoy 2-3 glasses. since it's SO hot outside i recently switched to sparkling white wine. found a great bottle at trader joes ($4.49 - Vinho Verde from Portugal). it's lighter, refreshing and has 118 calories.
    Hi! I am fairly new to this, about 2 weeks in, and the eating healthier portions and healthier food has been going well so far. My main concern now is alcohol - I enjoy my wine, and have a glass or 2 almost every day. To me, this is as much part of my wind-down as reading the news and talking to friends/family on the phone - it's just simply not something I am willing to give up. So I guess my question is, what is the best possible alc beverage I could be having so as not to completely sabotage myself? Thank you!!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I too enjoy my wine in the evening and I have noticed that my weight loss has stalled and not sure if it is the wine or just normal body adjustment. Either way I am going to give it up for a bit to see if I can get my scale to move again. But I have to say some of the suggested alternatives appeal to me :-)