Does anyone else get frustrated with their slow progress?

Options

Replies

• rurumomo
    rurumomo Posts: 35
    Options
    I feel the same way.. I been on here for almost 2 months and only lost like 3 lbs. I do everything right. I drink a lot of water, eat veggies and fruits, nuts, and whole grains. Also, I run about 3 miles run and walk everyday and I still cut keep the weight off. Oh I forgot to add that I eat around 1500 a day.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    Oh God I feel so frustrated, I eat 1200 calories a day and work out five times a week but I just don't see the results, sometimes I just say oh I'm not losing weight so I am going to eat pizza or ice cream and I end up feeling worse :(
    Sometimes I really think I am never going to make it

Same here!!! I can't tell you how much better i feel reading everyone else's experience. Really helps!
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    First, to make your mental self feel better, you can go into the check-in section and enter your starting weight and date so your ticker says the right amount. I had to do that and surprisingly it made me feel a lot better about my progress. Secondly, change up your routine, when your body gets complacent it thinks that this is now your normal routine and won't shed weight as fast. Change your diet, more raw fruits and veggiew, and do different exercises. Hope this helps!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I think we all get frustrated now and then when our weight loss seems slow/stalls. However, the thing to remember is that your weight gain wasn't 30 pounds in a week, so your weight loss won't be either. In addition, what I've found is that the slower it comes off, the easier it is to keep off. And, in the end, I would rather be down 5 pounds in 3 months, then up 5 pounds in that time. So, even if it's slow, at least you're moving in the right direction.
  • Stuz359
    Stuz359 Posts: 81
    Options
    Yeah the frustration is there all the time. 1lb a week doesn't seem like much for the work I do. As they say, 'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.'
  • classictoaster
    Options
    I think we all get frustrated now and then when our weight loss seems slow/stalls. However, the thing to remember is that your weight gain wasn't 30 pounds in a week, so your weight loss won't be either. In addition, what I've found is that the slower it comes off, the easier it is to keep off. And, in the end, I would rather be down 5 pounds in 3 months, then up 5 pounds in that time. So, even if it's slow, at least you're moving in the right direction.

Exactly.

Over the past 30 days on MFP, I've lost 3-4 pounds, which is so frustrating! But at the same time, at least I'm losing those few pounds, instead of gaining them. My "rewards" that I have planned for myself for each mini goal I've set for myself along the way are what keep me pushing hard, because I really want them, but I'll feel guilty if I treat myself to those rewards without reaching the subsequent goals.

Losing weight isn't fast or easy, but I think it's worth all the extra time. (Even if it is frustrating!)
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've been losing very slowly too. I've lost about 10 lbs since March. I've started to step up my exercise intensity so hopefully it will jolt the weight loss a bit. It would be nice to be one of those 3 lbs a week people... but slow and steady wins the race!

I do agree that seeing the "in 5 weeks you'd weigh..." after every daily food log keeps me motivated.

Good Luck!
  • thunderthyghz
    thunderthyghz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    YEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! So frustrating! I actually weigh more now than when i wasn't working out! People say /i look smaller but I haven't noticed anything personally. I workout 3-4 hours/day, 6 days/week split between morning and afternoon. Trying hard not to quit.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    :heart: Thanks everyone for sharing and giving me advice. You are all fabulous. Makes me feel better.
  • Reneefit135
    Reneefit135 Posts: 170
    Options
    I am not frustrated at myself for how long it is taking. Just frustrated at how long it does take - if you get the subtle difference

I like that, a good way to look at it
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Yes and no. Yes, because I KNOW I'm capable of losing weight faster. No, because I know that every single time I've lost it fast, it's come right back, and it brought friends....
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I do!!:sad: :grumble: :mad: :angry: I want what I want and I want it yesterday:laugh: I am glad to say I am learning patience though and it sure is less stressful:flowerforyou:

denise:drinker: :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Nope.

Slow progress is exactly what I want, because I firmly believe it is more likely to be sustainable. Of course, this assumes that the means you are using to make the slow progress is sustainable long-term.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes, only 7 pounds in 10 months.
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I feel very frustrated at times, been averging around 2 lbs a month for last 4 months, it gets frustrating but on the flip side of that I gained it about .25lbs a month for years so it just takes time but your deffinilty not alone in that feeling
  • LovelyNFit
    LovelyNFit Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, only 7 pounds in 10 months.

OK girl you win! dam! :(

I have not lost in 1 and 1/2 month. On MFP for 3 moths. Lost 12 lbs in 8 wks, then went up 3 lbw. I did start doing strength training and have lost some inches but the scale is not moving. Today is a low faith day and losing motivation :( I work HARD. 6 times a wk. Eat healthy 98% of the time.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    :frown:
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Everybody has good points. I AM being a brat. I will get there eventually. :happy:
  • tobeyourthinspo
    Options
    I think it's important to remember that it's taken you /years/ to work up the weight, and it's not going to all be undone in an year. I think your progress is amazing and the fact that you've persevered that long should make you feel excellent! It's okay to get frustrated, when I start hitting a spot where I don't lose any weight I have a binge day where I eat over the 2000 calories needed and then go back to my diet, your body thinks you're going to eat that much all the time so it takes in less calories! Good luck x
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    me too! 50 pounds gone and stuck.... for like a year... just stuck frustrated doing insanity and getting toned but no loss :) maybe a few inches depending on the day... I tried eating back calories hoping for that miricle break in the plateau not happening! Only gained 6 now I have to take that off to get back to my original 50. So, frustrated and not eating well last few weeks because my thoughts have been, why does it matter?? I put so much in and nothing in return... SIGHHHHH So, I have reset my mind set and my goals and I will accomplish this. I WILL DO IT.