5'3" weight goal

Options
im 18 and 5'3". i was wondering what people my height have as weight goals so i know if mine is realistic.

Replies

• wildfire21
    wildfire21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It all depends on your frame size. Some people are small boned and some are large boned. My doctor told me that the weight range for someone our height is 104-140. I have a medium frame. My weight goal is 130. Hope this helps.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    I don't know if it still is accurate (or ever was!) but I used to hear 100 lbs for 5 ft., then 5 lbs. for every inch over that. If that's true, for your age group and height I would say 115 - 125, depending on whether you are small, medium, or large-boned.
  • MdmeLibrarian
    Options
    At my most slender and fit (when I was 19) I was 125. Now (in my mid-20's) I would be pleased with 130.
  • Susan923
    Susan923 Posts: 61
    Options
    I am 125 and I am happy with that. :)
  • kirstenleo
    kirstenleo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Im 5'2" and supposed to be 101-136 (or somewhere around that). My goal is 150. I dont think I was ever in the 101-136 range even as a child :)
  • nboot1
    nboot1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 145lbs now (29 years old), my short term goal is 135lbs, long term I would love to be 125lbs (what I was before 3 children). Good luck :)
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2-5'3 and I'm aiming for a muscular 115lbs. When you're a shorter person, it's hard to appear "lean" unless you do a bit of resistance/weight training--even at 103 lbs I still had jiggly stuff happening that I didn't like.
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and I look most healthy and fit at 117-120.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 123 and my goal is 121, though as time has gone on my goal is less about the scales and more about the inches. I've lost 5% bodyfat in the last month but weight has hardly moved.... Yet I've dropped a dress size. :)
  • hungergames201213
    Options
    i am 110 now and want to get down to 105. does this sound healthy? add me please.
  • farrari17
    farrari17 Posts: 19
    Options
    Someone may have already said this, but to find your "ideal body weight", you add 100 lbs for being 5 ft tall, then for every inch above 5', you add 5 lbs, so you're ideal weight would be 115, so aim around there, about 10% above and below that is the healthy weight range, it probably extends farther than that, but that's where you want to be. Example, I'm 5'4", my ideal weight is 120, and my healthy weight range is about 110-130 or so. This is coming from a Nutrition major, and this is what I was taught if a person is looking for an estimate. You should see a doctor or a dietitian however for more personalized goals and ways to get there. If you're 5'3, 105 isn't crazy, but it's a bit low, you'd be at the bottom of your weight range, and it's hard to get that low and maintain it in a healthy manner.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and my healthy BMI was calculated at 126-132 if I remember correctly. So yours should be somewhere in that range if not just slightly lower.
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    Im 5'3" but My goal weight is lowwwww because I have an ED. Healthy for our height and around our age would be from 105-130ish (:
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3, and my goal is 115
  • charliebrooke08
    Options
    im 18 and 5'3". i was wondering what people my height have as weight goals so i know if mine is realistic.

I am almost 5'3" and my "natural" weight (no specific effort in diet or exercise) is between 102lbs-106lbs. But my current weight is normally 112lbs in the morning now and my ultimate goal weight is 125lbs (morning weight of course). Totally depends on your body type. There are different size frames and body types. Thin, athletic, curvy, etc. Your base body (determined by your biology) and you goal body should determine what your goal weight is. How would you describe your natural body type and weight, and what is your goal body type and weight?
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I know at 155 I am a size 6 measuring 34-27-34. I am shooting for 140 right now and we'll see how I look and feel when I get there. At 155 I was still felt a little flabby.
  • munny_p
    munny_p Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is between 120-125
  • christiecaylor
    Options
    At 5'3", anything less than 115 is unhealthy. Even shooting for 115 is an extreme goal. 125-130 seems reasonable to me! I am 5'3'' as well.
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it still is accurate (or ever was!) but I used to hear 100 lbs for 5 ft., then 5 lbs. for every inch over that. If that's true, for your age group and height I would say 115 - 125, depending on whether you are small, medium, or large-boned.

I have heard the same! I am 5'4", aiming for 120.
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and shooting for 130 lbs. As I get closer to my goal, I'll reevaluate to see if that's where I need to be, or if I need to be higher or lower. I'm definitely not shooting to be skin and bones -- just healthy. But then, I'm also starting to do more weight training, so that will influence things as well. I'd just say, listen to your body. Set yourself a realistic goal, but when it feels right, stop.