With 30 Will Come a New Me

Options
csever82
csever82 Posts: 17 Member
Hello everyone!

My wife and I just started using this site and its corresponding phone app last week, and so far it is really helping keep us on track. I'm just posting to introduce myself.

In high school, I was really thin (too thin). I was 5'6" and weighed about 115 lbs. Once I graduated, I quickly gained the 20 or so pounds that made me look relatively healthy. Everything went fine until my mid-20s, when I started gaining weight very very gradually.

Last week, my wife had her first dietician appointment, as she is looking into gastric bypass surgery. I joined this to help us both stay on track, and I quickly realized how helpful this site is.

I first weighed in at 173.2, which is my highest weight ever. (By the way, I have somehow shrunk over the years and am 5'5" now.) I turn 30 in two days, and I am giving myself a birthday present - a new me. We dug the Total Gym out from under the stairs and started using it. We're tracking our food. In my first week, I lost 2.2 lbs., which was very motivating!

I look forward to the support as I let go of my 20s AND the extra weight that came with them!

Charlie

Replies

• keananaki13
    keananaki13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm turning 30 in a year and a half and with that birthday my goal is to be in the best shape of my life. I've been on the heavy side all my life and I am ready to change that for good. Some people think that your thirties are the beginning of the end of your life. I Don't Think So! I'm just getting started!!
  • csever82
    csever82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    That's what I think - I'm just getting started!
  • JMJ1983
    JMJ1983 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    My wake up call was very similar....I got a flier in the mail at work for a local gym back in May and told myself there is no way I'm going to be in the 200 pound range when i turn 30!!! (I have til January) I have gone from 221 pounds on May 17th to 195 pounds in just 2 short months!! Something about that age of 30 that makes you realize there's some changes you want to make!! I wish you a happy and healthy decade!!!!
  • ILYJRBJNB
    ILYJRBJNB Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm turning 28 in less than a month and the number 30 is looming large! I want to be super healthy when I get there. Good luck to you and your wife!
  • starybrwneyes82
    Options
    Hi! I turn 30 in September and have always felt I was on the "thicker" side- I was around 140ish in high school and about a year after I graduated I put on about 20lbs.... and since my mid 20's I have packed on about 50+ pounds. I have decided here lately that I don't like the way I feel OR LOOK. I was in a picture taken on Sunday evening at a resturaunt and I couldn't even recognize myself. Good luck to you and your wife!
  • Kona2014
    Kona2014 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi!! I turn 30 next month (scary) - left it a bit late, but I decided its time to take control and feel fit and healthy so I can enjoy my thirties :-)
  • becabean
    becabean Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hi i turn 30 in September and decided this year on concentrating on myself for the first time ever and am working on a new me! so far im enjoying my journey and hope to keep it up! good luck to u all too x :drinker: