Workout TIme

Options
How long should my cardio be if I want to lose the most weight possible in a week but also not overexert myself?

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is about calorie restriction not how much cardio you do a day. Cardio is a useful too to help you burn up calories but if you're just going to eat them all back I wouldn't do more than 30 minutes a day unless you're training for a marathon or a 5k. Just eat good and keep meeting your calorie goals.
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Losing weight is about calorie restriction not how much cardio you do a day. Cardio is a useful too to help you burn up calories but if you're just going to eat them all back I wouldn't do more than 30 minutes a day unless you're training for a marathon or a 5k. Just eat good and keep meeting your calorie goals.

^^This
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Gotta agree what has been said above.

But I will say:
    I was my leanest when I did a lot of interval training. Sprint all out for 15-30 seconds then slow jog for 45-90 seconds.

Overall, it's all about eating right, I just found interval training to be the most effective, and least boring.
    Instead of a 30-40 minute low intensity session, I could be done in 15-20 minutes and burn about the same amount of cals