Losing weight and excess skin.

Hello Friends!

I have recently shed 35 pounds and am feeling great! But, I still have a ways to go to lose the 100 pounds I'm aiming to lose.
To be honest, I fell off the wagon for a few months because of the fear of having too much excess skin. I started to notice it happening as I was losing the weight.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Is there anything I can do to try to make it as minimal as possible?

Thanks!

xoxox Lots of love and support to everyone!

Replies

• jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    What is your starting weight? I started at 270 with a goal of losing 100 lbs and have lost 91.2 lbs and the only excess skin I have is from having a baby on my tummy. If you are worried about it you can use oil of olay firming lotion or some type of product to add more elastin to your skin, but you shouldn't have a problem. I will almost be half the person I started with and have no loose skin at all. Good luck in your weight loss!
  • DanceInTheRain77
    DanceInTheRain77 Posts: 30 Member
    I started at 257 and have lost 35 so far.
    Thanks so much for your reply! I will definitly try oil of Olay or something like that!

And congrats on your weight loss! 91.2 pounds is phenominal!
    :)
  • wdwithers
    wdwithers Posts: 36
    Don't know if this is true or not, but I have heard somewhere that loose skin only comes from loosing alot of weight fast like they do on Biggest Loser. That is why they get to have the plastic surgeons remove that skin. Have you ever seen the different shows where they have done this before the big reveal? I don't know if they do everyone who wins. I've only seen them do this 2 maybe 3 times.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Thats what my trainer told me - lose too fast and it may be a problem. Lose at 2 pounds a week max and do some strength training to tighten the muscles and there should be no problem.
  • DanceInTheRain77
    DanceInTheRain77 Posts: 30 Member
    Yes! That's where I saw it! That's why I got really scared! And then I started to notice it on me! (Or it's just in my mind from seeing it on the show? I hope so! )

Thanks for the input, guys! I will be sure to do some strength training and to tone down the calorie restrictions.
    I got very obsessive about it and kept slashing the numbers I was allowing myself to have.

What are the best types of strength training / What do you do?
    I feel so clueless when it comes to what exercises to do.
  • I have lost 150 + lbs in the past two years. I have excess skin. I was double the size I am now but I went into this understanding that it was very likely that I would have this issue. I incorporated weight training and lost the weight as slow as my body allowed but if the skin is stretched out, then it's stretched out. I will have to have skin reduction surgery. However, you should not let the thought of excess skin deter you from your goals.