Help!! :(

It's just me or your metabolism looks like "dead" after lose some pounds? Since I've started my diet I've lost 12KG but now I'm suffering for three weeks just to lose ONE kg! What can I do???

Ps: I'm really sorry about my english but I am just learning. I'll get better!!

Replies

• SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    You are probably plateau-ing. You might need to add more calories or lower them. You just have to change your diet or exercise. You can do it. Just look up "how to get past a weight loss plateau"
  • srustin
    srustin Posts: 12 Member
    I am with you in your situation! I actually increased my calorie intake this past week and lost 1.5 lbs. I have a new hope for reaching my goals! Make sure you are eating enough and that you don't get so static with you intake that your body adapts to living as this is your new normal. Keep things moving around so your body can't figure you out!-)
  • jenypri
    jenypri Posts: 46
    Personally this is what I think about watching the number on the scale........its not a good judge on what you are losing. What you should be focusing on is inches around. You could not lose any lbs but you can be losing inches.
    Have you tried strength training. I hit my plateau because i was so focused on cardio cardio cardio without a lot of strength training. I decided to amp up my strength training along with running and I bypassed my plateau.
  • Thank you! I think this really helped me! :)

For those who are suffering the same: http://thyroid.about.com/b/2004/03/04/how-to-get-past-a-weight-loss-plateau.htm
  • ivan1964
    ivan1964 Posts: 435
    Hello just hang in there mix up when and what you eat a little and change up your workout some to trick your body just dont give up you will make it to your goal have a great day
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Have you tried strength training. I hit my plateau because i was so focused on cardio cardio cardio without a lot of strength training. I decided to amp up my strength training along with running and I bypassed my plateau.

^^THIS^^
    Strength training will keep your metabolism up and running. Your body naturally becomes better and better at whatever it is you do. Eventually that 1 hour of cardio gets pretty easy for your body to handle because you're conditioning it by doing it all the time. You might be burning 600 calories at first but if you're doing this for 6 months or a year you're not going to be pulling down the same burn you used to do. Your body will adjust and since you're just pushing the same weight always (yourself) there's no improvement. Just a decline in calories burned and a lowered metabolism.

Strength training doesn't have this limitation because once an exercise gets easy simply add more weight and do the exact same thing as before. Curling 15 pound dumbbells will eventually get easy. Simply up the weight to a 20 or 25 lb and do the exact same exercise taking up no more time than before and get the same or better results you were previously getting. You'll never be able to condition your body to be able to handle all the weight in the gym so it's an endless challenge. It's good for you too. Strength training will improve your bone mass along with making you smaller and leaner. That's something that all women should know.

I still do cardio but just 30 min 4-5 times a week. The real gains are with the weights.
  • Catarine
    Catarine Posts: 4
    helloiamlaura speaks portuguese, that's the reason I replied in portuguese. The answer was directed to her and the website that I recommended is brazilian (in portuguese) so I'm sorry about that. I just told her to eat some metabolism booster foods, drink lots of water and do strength workouts. :)

Linda, vc tenta fazer exercício (musculação também ajuda muito viu) e colocar na sua dieta alimentos que aceleram o metabolismo (pimenta, gengibre, óleo de coco, etc)
    http://saude.abril.com.br/emagrece-brasil/acelerar-metabolismo.shtml
    http://saude.abril.com.br/emagrece-brasil/alimentos-termogenicos.shtml

Além disso se vc está se privando de calorias o seu corpo vai responder desacelerando o metabolismo, por isso, vc deve usar estratégias para "enganar" seu corpo... atividade física (aeróbica e musculação), alimentação (alimentos que aceleram o metabolismo) e ingestão de água de forma adequada ajudam a manter o metabolismo trabalhando a todo vapor,

Espero ter ajudado.
    bjo
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    This happens to most of us. I would lose a few pounds, then stay the same for what seemed like weeks before losing again. I increased my activity level, and that helped. But I still seem to lose, then plateau for awhile before losing more. That's ok.
  • Have you tried strength training. I hit my plateau because i was so focused on cardio cardio cardio without a lot of strength training. I decided to amp up my strength training along with running and I bypassed my plateau.

^^THIS^^
    Strength training will keep your metabolism up and running. Your body naturally becomes better and better at whatever it is you do. Eventually that 1 hour of cardio gets pretty easy for your body to handle because you're conditioning it by doing it all the time. You might be burning 600 calories at first but if you're doing this for 6 months or a year you're not going to be pulling down the same burn you used to do. Your body will adjust and since you're just pushing the same weight always (yourself) there's no improvement. Just a decline in calories burned and a lowered metabolism.

Strength training doesn't have this limitation because once an exercise gets easy simply add more weight and do the exact same thing as before. Curling 15 pound dumbbells will eventually get easy. Simply up the weight to a 20 or 25 lb and do the exact same exercise taking up no more time than before and get the same or better results you were previously getting. You'll never be able to condition your body to be able to handle all the weight in the gym so it's an endless challenge. It's good for you too. Strength training will improve your bone mass along with making you smaller and leaner. That's something that all women should know.

I still do cardio but just 30 min 4-5 times a week. The real gains are with the weights.

Thank you so much for the explanation! This was really useful! I'll start putting your tips into practice! Thanks!
  • helloiamlaura speaks portuguese, that's the reason I replied in portuguese. The answer was directed to her and the website that I recommended is brazilian (in portuguese) so I'm sorry about that. I just told her to eat some metabolism booster foods, drink lots of water and do strength workouts. :)

Linda, vc tenta fazer exercício (musculação também ajuda muito viu) e colocar na sua dieta alimentos que aceleram o metabolismo (pimenta, gengibre, óleo de coco, etc)
    http://saude.abril.com.br/emagrece-brasil/acelerar-metabolismo.shtml
    http://saude.abril.com.br/emagrece-brasil/alimentos-termogenicos.shtml

Além disso se vc está se privando de calorias o seu corpo vai responder desacelerando o metabolismo, por isso, vc deve usar estratégias para "enganar" seu corpo... atividade física (aeróbica e musculação), alimentação (alimentos que aceleram o metabolismo) e ingestão de água de forma adequada ajudam a manter o metabolismo trabalhando a todo vapor,

Espero ter ajudado.
    bjo

Ajudou muuiuto! Começarei a fazer isso a partir de hoje! Obrigadaaa!
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Your body may have grown used to the work out regument you are doing and that is why you're seeing slow results. Change it up and I promise you you will begin to see results again.
    P.S. I have found drinking a cup or 3 or coffee with triva, organic milk, and a tbsp. of creamer has helped my weight loss progress faster with the switching up of workouts.