Ok........What the heck?

Options

Replies

• kelif5959
    kelif5959 Posts: 202
    Options
    OMG! I was thinking about putting a Bowflex in my office. Maybe I should rethink that.

I think she's just being a little b*tch and jealous that you have the drive to work out while she stuffs her face with twinkies. I would just keep at it.

hahaha, oh my lord, a Bowflex would make her blow a gasket i bet! That's too funny!
  • kelif5959
    Options
    People who work in offices have nothing better to do then to go around and see what everyone else is doing so they can tattle on them. When I worked in an office there were several old biddy busy bodies who made it their job to keep track of how long I was away from my desk. One even went so far as to write down when I left for linch and came back. Mind you when I worked there I got in well before she did and picked up the slack for everyone on my team.

Unless your direct boss has a problem with it ignore her. There will always be people like her no matter where you work. Sorry. :(

Man, you are so right on the "office worker" disease. This same lady walks by my office door, man, I don't know how many times a day. I call them "drive bys" to see if I'm here, etc. Some people just SUCK!
  • AshRyd
    AshRyd Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i have to keep in mind that it might not be the office manager - if somebody came to me as a supervision it is my responsibility to handle the "complaint" for what ever reason, good or bad, fair or not. She brought up the concern to you that somebody else had -- her not telling you to stop simiply means there is no real "business policy" against it. The original complaint could have came from somebody who just wants the bigger office, somebody always wants the bigger space..

I work out every day at my little cube (after a HUGE downsize over the last year 250-160 i am kind of glad to still have my little cube). For christmas last year I gave everybody in my direct office (6 other ladies) 8lb hand weights, this year they are getting wood foot stools. Yoga mats are an option too! Simple things they can all do at their desk, no matter the size of the office or with a door or not. My daily dose of 100 arm curls don't hurt anybody and i don't make any noise, my 100 calf raises don't bother anybody either.

Now we all do little competions ($5 monthly buy in) to keep us motivated as a group- different things we can do at our desk get different points on a spreadsheet - the one with the most points at the end of the month gets the $25 massage card. Everything must be done at your desk and during the 8-5 work day, arm curls, steps, calf raises, tricep dips, pushups off the side of your desk, squats........... make a game of it them they can participate or not..... no closed doors. ---- if everybody is in better shape and better health that is better for the company so maybe you could even get the boss to pitch in on the gift cards.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Sounds like blatant jealousy over the size of your junk... i mean office.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    i have to keep in mind that it might not be the office manager - if somebody came to me as a supervision it is my responsibility to handle the "complaint" for what ever reason, good or bad, fair or not. She brought up the concern to you that somebody else had -- her not telling you to stop simiply means there is no real "business policy" against it. The original complaint could have came from somebody who just wants the bigger office, somebody always wants the bigger space..

I work out every day at my little cube (after a HUGE downsize over the last year 250-160 i am kind of glad to still have my little cube). For christmas last year I gave everybody in my direct office (6 other ladies) 8lb hand weights, this year they are getting wood foot stools. Yoga mats are an option too! Simple things they can all do at their desk, no matter the size of the office or with a door or not. My daily dose of 100 arm curls don't hurt anybody and i don't make any noise, my 100 calf raises don't bother anybody either.

Now we all do little competions ($5 monthly buy in) to keep us motivated as a group- different things we can do at our desk get different points on a spreadsheet - the one with the most points at the end of the month gets the $25 massage card. Everything must be done at your desk and during the 8-5 work day, arm curls, steps, calf raises, tricep dips, pushups off the side of your desk, squats........... make a game of it them they can participate or not..... no closed doors. ---- if everybody is in better shape and better health that is better for the company so maybe you could even get the boss to pitch in on the gift cards.

Those are some great ideas! Would love to have the group be on the same page/goal at a healthier life! Kudos to you and your workplace for allowing healthy competitions during work hours! LOVE IT!
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Sounds like blatant jealousy over the size of your junk... i mean office.

hahahahaha!!! Right? :drinker:
  • LindaCWy
    LindaCWy Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Put on your spandex and go work out in her office... she'll like that more I think
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    She sounds like a classic hater. I posted this yesterday on another thread, Katt Williams on haters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQRbDSwZIME

(warning, adult language)
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Put on your spandex and go work out in her office... she'll like that more I think

OH......MY........GOSH..........that would be a freakin' hoot. Work out and then say......."see, your office is big enough" as I bend over and stretch right in front of her! LOL.........I like your style! :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Just a miserable b!tch....pretty simple.
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

How would you feel after this conversation? I'm baffled!

*kitten* her. That's how I would feel. Jealousy is evil but so am I :wink:
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Office space in the working world is a touchy subject. I am going through it right now because my upper boss is trying to move me and my immediate supervisor into our own offices. Yea, its tricky and she is probably just peeved at the amount of space you get and she doesn't so she uses the exercise thing to bring it up subtly. That would be my guess.
  • kelif5959
    Options
    She sounds like a classic hater. I posted this yesterday on another thread, Katt Williams on haters:

HILARIOUS!!!
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options

HILARIOUS!!!

My favorite part of that whole routine: Haters don't hate you, they hate good *kitten*. They want good *kitten* but they know they can't have good *kitten*.

I swear, if he wasn't cussing so much, he'd be preaching.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    How do they know what you are doing in there anyway? Are you getting dressed in workout clothes and then walking through the office in them? Not that I think there would be anything wrong with that, but maybe others don't like it. Or could you be making too much noise?
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I think she's jealous that you're so committed to your workout. My coworker and I are both exercising and watching our food to lose weight. We have the same size office space (mine only seems smaller because I do more of the paperwork side, and I'm taller than she is) but she has this app on her phone that you do push ups to, she started it and seeing her do it, encouraged me to start so we take time during the day to do our push ups. We found some ab/backside exercises that can be done in the office and we are planning to bring that into our daily work workout.
  • galvodka
    galvodka Posts: 102
    Options
    Yes....that's definitely jealousy rearing it's UGLY head!! Not everyone is motivated enough to exercise on their lunch break and instead of being inspired by you they're resentful they're so lazy!!!!!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options

HILARIOUS!!!

Katt Williams is effin hilarious! I can't watch this right now cuz I'm at work... LOL oh the irony... but I do know this bit! and "haters gonna hate..." (he also helped me feel better about my stretch marks! haha (if you haven't seen that one, go google it)... now that being said...

Who is she to say whether or not other people would feel comfortable in your office. Is she jumping to conclusions? How do you get along with the other people you work with? I know my bosses office is a good size and I wouldn't feel uncomfortable in there at all. But we have a good relationship.

She needs to mind her own business, and if she is too busy paying attention to what you are doing, then what is she doing all day?

Just a thought,
    Ronney
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    People who work in offices have nothing better to do then to go around and see what everyone else is doing so they can tattle on them. When I worked in an office there were several old biddy busy bodies who made it their job to keep track of how long I was away from my desk. One even went so far as to write down when I left for linch and came back. Mind you when I worked there I got in well before she did and picked up the slack for everyone on my team.

Unless your direct boss has a problem with it ignore her. There will always be people like her no matter where you work. Sorry. :(

Man, you are so right on the "office worker" disease. This same lady walks by my office door, man, I don't know how many times a day. I call them "drive bys" to see if I'm here, etc. Some people just SUCK!

Which is really funny because the more time they spend walking by your door to check on you, the less time they are spending doing THEIR job lol
  • kelif5959
    Options
    Office space in the working world is a touchy subject. I am going through it right now because my upper boss is trying to move me and my immediate supervisor into our own offices. Yea, its tricky and she is probably just peeved at the amount of space you get and she doesn't so she uses the exercise thing to bring it up subtly. That would be my guess.

The sad thing is......I don't care if I'm in an office or a cubicle to work! But......since I have an office - I thought why not use it? Office politics just suck that's all there is to it!