Competing w/ significant other

Options
My hubby and I are thinking about having some friendy competition against each other to help aid us in our healthy lifestyle mission. I am at a loss on how to 'run' the competition though. We are both competitive so making the challenge competitive is important lol. We have a unique situation, however, as my hubby is in a wheelchair and can't get his exercise as easily. He is training for a marathon (he's using his hand cycle) in September but other than his 2 hour bike rides (3-4x a week), that's all he does. He did have a gym membership briefly where he would come lift some weights with me when our daughter was in school.

I don't think it's fair for me to say its a weight loss competition since its hard for him to lose.

Have you ever competed friendily with your s/o? How did you manage it?

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Usually men and women lose at a much different rate. I've seen so many women who are so frustrated because their hubby is dropping weight way faster than they are. Not sure how the wheelchair would affect that though, maybe it would make it more of an equal challenge?

We did a challenge at work - it was all females and we did it by weight loss percentage rather than actual pounds. The winner each week/month (I can't remember which) got a gift certificate to a local spa. Maybe w/hubby the loser has to make the winner a healthy romantic dinner or something.