Sugar substitute for my daily coffee?

Options
2»

Replies

• crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would add any ____ substitues to my anything. You wouldn't eat a chicken breast if it was made out of chicken substitute so why do the same with your sugar? Just work out to burn the sugar calories.

Actually a lot of Vegan and Vegetarians do just that... Eat chicken breast made from chicken substitute.... makes this kind of a mute point hu?

Yes but that is made of something healthy, and technically has a different name, and not a bunch of chemicals put together calling themselves chicken. Maybe I should have explained that better.

Basically what I'm getting at is don't add a chemical based sugar to your food, either cut your sugar intake in half or cut it out all together.
  • shelbielmiller
    shelbielmiller Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    3 tsp of sugar is like 45 calories. whooptie doo.

but in order to be 'pro', get delicious high quality coffee, brew it properly, and you won't need to add thing to it.

Yeah, 45 calories isn't much, but on days when I need like 3 cups or more, it adds up! Haha. Thanks for the tip!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best substitute for sugar in coffee is a shot of espresso.

Once I started doing that I have never felt the need to put anything else in my coffee. Ever. So rich and delicious.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I like stirring in a cup or two of ice cream. Mmmm... Ice cream.