Options

Replies

• Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I do! And what an awesome added bonus it is. Seeing what I was before and seeing what I am now is an eye opener and the easiest way for me to make sure that I DO NOT go back to the way I was.
  • MissShancey
    MissShancey Posts: 464
    Options
    i took pictures ....
    i have lost 50 pounds
    i dont feel like i have lost any weight
    i took another picture yesterday and put them beside eachother and i am sooooooooooooooooo much smaller
    im glad i took the pictures
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yes. I take pictures every three months to compare. I thought more frequently would be too often. I have three metrics I use: the scale (weigh-in is weekly); measurements (monthly); and pictures (every 3 months). But I've started realizing there should be a couple others: 1) Clothes falling off; 2) Progressing with my fitness in ways I never dreamed possible.

I also have a decent amount of weight to shed, so that's why I'm taking the metrics I am. I'm not sure it would be as necessary if someone was losing 10-20 pounds, though it could still be good motivation for *anyone*....

But just when I feel like I don't look any differently despite losing the weight, the pictures tell the true story, and have shocked me. In a good way. :)
  • didianadop
    Options
    I didn't when I started but wish I did. I have a bit to go yet so I guess it's never too late.:flowerforyou:
  • marcew44
    marcew44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did just because I love seeing what i was and what i am now ?
  • HakunaMatata519
    HakunaMatata519 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I did! I had actually already lost some weight by the time I remembered but I just took them in a full length mirror in some grey leggings and a tight red tank top.... I wouldn't show anyone them now, BUT I will share them when I have my after pictures to put next to them!! I can't wait!! I've already lost 17 pounds since those pics!

I think you should do it, even if you show no one but yourself!
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Pictures are a great motivator. Maybe you don't think you are in such bad shape, then you take a picture and you see the truth. It sucks the first time, but be honest with yourself. Then take progress pictures. You will be so happy that you did. You will be able to see how far you've come, and it is also very inspirational to others when you post those progress pictures up. :)
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I did not take a picture until I lost 10lbs & regret it now. I've lost 54lbs & I wish I would have taken more full body back then. Now I take pictures every month. I think it's important, cuz when u not losing on the scale and feel down. Snap a picture & compare. Most of the time there is a difference & that will give u motivation. It's nice to see the changes.
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pictures are what propelled me here. I was very disappointed with what I saw, and I am totally motivated to take new ones after I lose the weight.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did. My profile pic is my comparison after one month. I'm looking to lose 30 to 50 pounds. I have to say, I am so incredibly glad that I did. I wasn't feeling the progress I thought I wanted after a month. But then I saw my side by side photos after a month and amazed myself with the difference. I take a side and front photo every two weeks and have been since 5-19-12. It is amazing motivation for me. I highly recommend it to anyone trying to lose weight.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I didnt, and I regret it now
  • Bigstupid
    Bigstupid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I did and they scared the crap out of me so I deleted them! Now, 40 pounds later I wish my delete trigger finger wasn't so itchy. I do have some from around my top weight but not the traditional before and after type. I would recommend taking some (and keeping them!).
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I did indeed take before pictures. I dreaded it so much. I hated looking at it and there are countless times i wanted to delete the evidence. BUT 30 days later, im very glad that i took them and that i kept them. Because sometimes its so hard to see a chnge in yourself, but with pictures, you can compare and the truth lays right before your eyes. I think it is really motivating to see it and it drives me to push myself further because im excited to take the next better picture.

I also highly reccomend taking your measurements. It has helped me so much when i thought i wasnt getting results. Come to find that I was losing inches and not weight.
  • raseykasey
    raseykasey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did, it was quite a while ago, but after comparing the two images today, it really shows me what I have done... just lookin in the mirro each day didn't give me the full extent of it, I didn't realise how good I was actually looking.

You can see my before and after shot in my photos.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't. I know when I look in the mirror or my jeans fit better. But I onl y want to lose about 10 pounds.
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I did not take pics, but I wish I had. I was looking the other day through some old pics to try and find one, but I guess I was too self concious to have my pic taken then. I say do it and use it as an inspiration!! Good luck on your journey. FR sent if you want support.... :-)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    No I did not. I think it's important if you're planning to lose a lot of weight. If it's only 10-20 pounds, I don't think it's important.

Actually, I think the closer you are to your goal and the less you have the lose, the more important photos are.

It was easy to stay motivated at first when I was dropping a pound or more every week, and my clothes were getting baggy on me. But as time progressed, the scale didn't move as much. Clothing sizes didn't change dramatically. I don't see changes in the mirror because it's gradual and there's nothing to compare it to. It would have been easy to feel like I was spinning my wheels.... if I hadn't been taking pictures and comparing them.
  • hollyNhollywood
    hollyNhollywood Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I did. I took pics.
    But because I wanted to see the most changes, I only wore a workout bra top and bathing suit bottom. And I continue to take pics every week or two. I wear the same outfit each time I take the pics.
    But now, WHEN I get to my goal, I don't know if I could share those pics w/ everyone! lol (I don't care about people seeing it here, its just them showing up in a google search, as I use this username for a lot of sites)
    I wish I would've taken more shots w/ other outfits.
    I did take a starting picture in jeans and tank top. So perhaps that will be the pictures I share w/ everyone :-)

But I think taking pictures is very helpful. You can compare them and see improvement even if the scale isn't really budging (as my scale is barely moved in about 3 weeks)

Good luck!
  • BandedTriaRN
    BandedTriaRN Posts: 303
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, getting me to pose for a photo was akin to getting a Vampire to hold a cross or eat garlic or whatever. I had very few at my very highest (310lbs) but found one group where I was the biggest ever. I am forcing myself to take more photos cause when I was younger and Lost a lot of weight (down to almost a normal weight per BMI, I was 7 lbs into overweight), I was still afraid to have my photo taken and still felt ugly. I have VERY few photos of me when I have lost weight:( The ones that I do have, I look at in amazement that I was that thin and beautiful and thought of myself still as the 250 lbs girl (This was when I was a teen). I really think it will help you and you don't have to show anyone on here (I didn't till I was about at the 100 lbs lost mark and then I wanted to put them on a billboard lol). Just take them, label them and hide them in a locked file for later. Don't forget your password tho lol:) One day, you will look back and be so proud of how far you have made it on this journey! Wishing you the best of luck!