yo dawg, hit me with your best sammich

Options
2»

Replies

• shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Avocado, bruschetta-style chopped tomatoes, spinach, sprouts on a good multigrain bread.
  • nc90
    nc90 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    A Cuban- toasted Cuban bread, roast pork, ham, mustard, swiss and pickles.

I LOVE Cuban sandwiches - or really any sandwich with pickles on it.
    Also - grilled cheese on texas toast with bacon and tomatoes - to die for! so bad, but so good.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    A Cuban- toasted Cuban bread, roast pork, ham, mustard, swiss and pickles.

*drooling*
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    This is a wrap, but I like sliced turkey with laughing cow cheese as the spread and cucumbers all rolled in a wheat tortilla, or whatever tortilla you choose! TASTY.

And maybe add some guac!
  • stephm112
    stephm112 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    wholemeal bread
    yesterdays roast gammon
    tomatoes
    mixed lettuce
    red onion chutney
    hot sauce

drooooool
  • rebeccap13
    rebeccap13 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Focacia, pesto, turkey, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion, provolone... toasted or heated up in a panini press.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Toasted whole wheat bread, with a light shmear of miracle whip, american cheese, 3 slices of tomato, lettuce & pickle sandwich slices.... YUMMY! Almost like a whopper, without the meat! Low in cals too. Depending on the bread you use. :wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    barbque pulled pork sandwich YUM or
    BLT or
    taco meat in pita with salsa and lettuce or
    cream cheese with roast beef, tomatoe, lettuce and peppercinis
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    primanti-brothers.jpg

Where are all of my fellow Pittsburghers on this one???
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Red Onions and Feta Cheese mixed with just enough mayo (full or light or whatgever, you don't use that much) to hold it together, on a Thin.

Hoagie Roll brushed with butter, sprinkle garlic powder, broil or bake until toasty. Put sliced turkey, a bit of lettuce, mild banana pepper rings and a little ranch dressing. Ready to eat.

Pita pocket, very thinkly sliced turkey (slightly warmed), red onion, spinach and dressing of your choice. (Swiss cheese works well with this)

Tomato & mayo on any bread.

Hot dog bun (brat or hoagie style) scoop out extra bread from both sides, tuck choice of meets into one scooped portion, use favorite toppings/condiments in other scooped portion, add cheese if you want.
  • carolinesmiles
    Options
    homemade whole wheat bread topped with 2 - 3 really thick slices of tomato, an ounce of crumbled feta cheese, a ton of chopped fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.

I could actually be happy eating only this forever.
  • pagingdoctork
    pagingdoctork Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The Bobbie, google it best sangwich evar!

Which Wich has a sandwich like that, and I'm a fan. NOM NOM
    This is a wrap, but I like sliced turkey with laughing cow cheese as the spread and cucumbers all rolled in a wheat tortilla, or whatever tortilla you choose! TASTY.

And maybe add some guac!

I feel like this is relevant to my interests. I want to have it for my snack, with a spinach tortilla and toasted a little. Grocery store, here I come.
    Thick cut bacon, sliced granny smith apples, roasted red onion, sharp cheddar cheese.....throw it all on sourdough bread and grill it in butter to golden brown, hot, gooey, bacon-y perfection. ;)

GENIUS. or or or what if I put it on Asiago cheese bread with sauteed onions?
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Grill a slice of egg plant
    Layer on ciabatta bread:
    Pancetta
    Hunk of fresh mozzarella
    A few fresh basil leaves.
    Sprinkle of oregano

Spray the bread on both sides lightly with olive oil and press.

Most delicious thing ever.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Beer soaked bread with crispy chocolate covered bacon all bundled togethor.

:laugh:

But if I can't get that, right now I'm loving WASA flatbreads with laughing cow cheese and picked-right-from-my-garden tomatoes :drinker:
  • iowamamaof3
    Options
    VERY decadent! But could be scaled down to be more healthy! :) (i tried to post a photo of it but I can't figure that out :(

this is the link http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2012/07/veggie-cheese-bagel/

Veggie and Cheese Bagel Sandwich
    Prep Time: 15 Minutes | Cook Time: | Difficulty: Easy | Servings: 1

Ingredients
    1/2 block Of Cream Cheese
    2 whole (to 3) Green Onions
    Tomatoes
    Cucumbers
    Avocado
    Red Onion
    1 whole Everything Bagel (or Any Kind Of Bagel)
    Alfalfa Sprouts
    1 Or 2 Slices Of Muenster Cheese
    Slice Of Cheddar Cheese
    Lettuce
    Preparation Instructions
    Place ½ a block of cream cheese on a plate and mash it a bit with a fork. Next, chop up 2-3 green onions and mix them with the cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
    Slice all veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, red onions) thinly.
    Slice bagel in half. Spread the cream cheese generously on both sides of the bagel.
    Layer the vegetables. First lay the avocados right along the cream cheese to help them stay put. Next the alfalfa sprouts and then one slice of each kind of cheese. On the other half of the bagel arrange the cucumber slices in a circle.
    Sprinkle the cucumbers with a pinch of salt if you would like.
    Next lay the onion slices on top of the cucumbers, then the tomatoes, followed by a slice of lettuce, and if you’re feeling naughty, another slice of Muenster cheese.
    Put the whole thing together and Voila! A cool, crisp, and deliciously fabulous Veggie and Cheese Bagel Sandwich.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Forgot about this one from Real Simple magazine. We love this in the summer with garden fresh produce:
    eggplant_300.jpg

The fried eggplant is the "bread". Definitely a knife and fork sandwich. Here's the link...

http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/eggplant-sandwiches-00000000036009/index.html