Night time over eating?

Options
124»

Replies

• mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    If I eat at night (and sometimes I do) I count it on my next day's calories. It sucks because I end up hungry in the morning, but at least if you count it, hopefully you will stay within your limit.
  • bfeusner
    bfeusner Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have a high protein sweet snack every night -- it's planned and healthy -- my go to -
    chocolate protein powder (1-2 scoops depending on how many calories I have left) + pb2 powdered peanut butter + packet splenda + a little bit of water + cocoa powder --- mix all ingredients into a paste - freeze for 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!

I usually have this around 8pm or so every night without fail. It keeps me from wanting to snack on bad stuff!

tonight I'm also having a serving of raw almonds so I'll hit my calorie goal. :)

What is pb2 powdered peanut butter? I have never heard of this...Where can it be purchased?
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I enjoy eating at night as well so I plan to do the bulk of my eating then. Solves the problem. I typically eat 2/3 or my calories within the last two hours before I go to bed.
    I pretty much do this as well. I always plan to leave a large portion of my calories (about 1,000) for eating after I get home from work at 5:00. If for some reason I were over, and still unable to stop putting food in my mouth (hey it happens at least once a month) I MAKE myself grab something I can eat in volume without hurting my efforts. Usually blueberries or carrots or, if I'm being really bad, popcorn. (Popcorn being "bad" because I don't eat grains.) Sometimes volume is what I crave.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Find some lower calorie snacks and tell yourself "Self-you can only have one. Self-you can only have one."

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't!
  • raeberg44
    raeberg44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have the same problem. There are some great tips on here that I need to try. Tonight I actually put a pic of myself on the fridge of when I was at my heaviest (and I cringe when I look at it) with a note saying "Are you REALLY hungry??"......we'll see how that works!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I eat right before bed....and before anybody starts passing peach seeds, it's either a pre-bedtime meal or a post bedtime binge.
    That's my choice.
    My diary is open....look at the final meal every night.
    That's how I deal with it.

^Exactly what I do as well. My biggest feeding is right before bed.
  • Starlamoore
    Starlamoore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I seem to have this same problem. But for me Im ok until supper and after...
  • jennsavage88
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I totally do that too. Try chewing gum or eating something like edamame that takes time to savour and work on and is still clean and low in calories... thats my worst time of day :(
  • jennsavage88
    Options
    If only! I live with my sister and her hubby and 6 kids! I'm moving into my own apartment in 6 weeks and I can't wait! Whole foods, here I come! No more temptations!
  • jennsavage88
    Options
    Yep, I have the same problem. There are some great tips on here that I need to try. Tonight I actually put a pic of myself on the fridge of when I was at my heaviest (and I cringe when I look at it) with a note saying "Are you REALLY hungry??"......we'll see how that works!

That's an awesome idea!! lol
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The best thing about those foods was the chocolate...

Honestly if you don't want to eat it, don't keep it in the house! It's like an alcoholic wondering why he can't resist the urge to drink when he's in a bar. lol. I can't have those things around or I will eat them. I am rarely motivated enough to drive to the store for a carton of ice cream, but if it's in the freezer...

lol. Just get rid of things you don't want to eat one night when you're starving. :)

This ^^^^

When I went to the store, I stocked up on healthy, grab-n-go snacks. If there is no chocolate in the house, I can't binge on it.