That One Person....

Options

Replies

• Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    the people who continuously put water on the sauna or steam room sensors, then stand outside the door for a while cuz it got to hot....... well duh!

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway:
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I know there have been plenty of these threads and there will be undoubtably be some people who will say, "stop being negative, etc" but I dont care.
    When you spend as much time as I do in gym theres has to be somewhere to vent about the one person who drives you nuts. Plus I know majority of you, understand and also require this need to vent. :tongue: ALSO its freaking hilarious... :laugh:

Right, theres this guy in his 50's, who skips. Not just any skipping, but skipping in peak time in a very limited stretching space and has very nearly taken my eye out a handful of times. He just skips and skips and doesn't actually give a damn who he almost de-brains. Then to make things worse, he throws in these fancy moves and then when he finishes his failed attempt at these moves looks in the mirror to see who was watching and then if he happens to successfully make eye contact he smiles and approaches you and tries to teach you how to "skip like him". I cannot stand that. Nobody was watching you dude. The rest of us were busy with our workouts, so stop looking for attention and get on with it.

Words just cannot describe how much I would love to take that skipping rope and smack him with it.

So your turn, describe that one person who goes to your gym that makes you want to lose it.
    :flowerforyou:

I completely misunderstood what you meant by skipping until the second to last sentence. I had this image of this 50 year old dude skipping like a school girl at the gym. Talk about a good laugh.

SAME HERE haha
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    The girl who takes up the weight bench........so she has a place to sit and text. I don't like that girl, and some day I just might tell her!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I'm a member at a very large club in my area and for some reason all the old men love to walk around the locker room slinging their little thingies around. Not like they have just got tenout of the shower and walked back to their locker to get dressed. They brush their teeth, blow-dry their hair, have group discussions, floss, etc butt naked. Why? lol

Yes, and when one is talking to the other, one will always put their outside leg up on the bench while they talk. i could never figure that out. Is it an offer? What the deal? People are weird.

This!
  • SlenderBoneyDreams
    Options
    I know there have been plenty of these threads and there will be undoubtably be some people who will say, "stop being negative, etc" but I dont care.
    When you spend as much time as I do in gym theres has to be somewhere to vent about the one person who drives you nuts. Plus I know majority of you, understand and also require this need to vent. :tongue: ALSO its freaking hilarious... :laugh:

Right, theres this guy in his 50's, who skips. Not just any skipping, but skipping in peak time in a very limited stretching space and has very nearly taken my eye out a handful of times. He just skips and skips and doesn't actually give a damn who he almost de-brains. Then to make things worse, he throws in these fancy moves and then when he finishes his failed attempt at these moves looks in the mirror to see who was watching and then if he happens to successfully make eye contact he smiles and approaches you and tries to teach you how to "skip like him". I cannot stand that. Nobody was watching you dude. The rest of us were busy with our workouts, so stop looking for attention and get on with it.

Words just cannot describe how much I would love to take that skipping rope and smack him with it.

So your turn, describe that one person who goes to your gym that makes you want to lose it.

I completely misunderstood what you meant by skipping until the second to last sentence. I had this image of this 50 year old dude skipping like a school girl at the gym. Talk about a good laugh.

Me too, cept I pictured an old version of Stuart from SNL. :D I think I laughed another pound off!! Hahaha!
  • m16shane
    m16shane Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sorry. Won't happen again. I'll leave my skipping rope at home next time...

Please tell me you are really him!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    LOL. Wow that is so random.

He sounds to me like he might be seeking a little bit of attention out of loneliness.

Some people really do go to the gym to socialize, it's not uncommon, but this is definitely a strange approach!

edit: There's this one girl... She must be in her early twenties. She comes to the gym dressed REALLY skimpy. I mean whatever floats your boat, doesn't bother me. But then she sits on the hip abductor (Or the gynecology machine as I like to call it :wink: )
    and she talks to aaaaaaaaaall the good looking men around, while sitting, not actually doing the exercise, just at the widest possible position so her legs are spread out like a gymnast. LOL. It just looks INSANE. I've only seen her actually do it twice, and both times she isn't doing it properly, anyway... Oh geez. Definitely is entertaining to watch the men trip over themselves to talk to her though.

Ha! thats classic!!!!!!!! theres got to be one girl in every gym who is like that... :laugh:
    Damn, I must be going to the wrong gym
  • crystal_darling
    crystal_darling Posts: 53 Member
    Options

Hahaha! I thought the exact same thing!

When I used to go to the gym there was this older woman in her 50's who would go work out and she would be dressed in jeans, a nice top and full blown hair and make up! I'm talking about eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick, the whole nine! Never understood why. And she would just walk around with 5 pound weights doing curl ups.
  • Tom17159
    Tom17159 Posts: 1
    Options
    Not all men are like that though. I was lifting weights one day and this really nice looking woman walked in. She was in tremendous shape and within a minute some guy comes over and asks her if she needed help lifting weights...she was lifting 10 lbs. She was like no thanks, I'm good. Within the next 10 minutes I counted 7 different men ask her if she needed help and at this point I actually laughed out loud without even trying. She asked me what's so funny? I told her I have been lifting heavy weights for 30 minutes now and not one single guy asks me if I need help and here you are lifting 10 lbs and you have been approached 7 times. She said it's rediculous, everytime she works out she gets hit on and it doesn't matter what she wears. She said she came in one time wearing sweat pants, a sweat shirt and a baseball cap thinking she could just work out and some guy tells her that he loves women who wear sweats. Some women like the attention and others can't escape it.
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    smelly dude who always wears the same outfit and apparently never washes it. OH. MY. GOD. I can smell you from across the room, and it's quite vomit-inducing when I'm out of breath from doing burpees. Also, there isn't enough Lysol in the world that will make me get on the bench after you've used it.
  • jcomley1
    jcomley1 Posts: 133
    Options
    Sorry. Won't happen again. I'll leave my skipping rope at home next time...

Thank you. I hope I wont have to ask you again. :tongue:
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

Exact same thing here!! I was wondering why he had to go to the gym to do that. :laugh:
  • jcomley1
    Options
    smelly dude who always wears the same outfit and apparently never washes it. OH. MY. GOD. I can smell you from across the room, and it's quite vomit-inducing when I'm out of breath from doing burpees. Also, there isn't enough Lysol in the world that will make me get on the bench after you've used it.

ROFL!!!!!
  • herstrawberri
    herstrawberri Posts: 347 Member
    Options

hahaha... me too!!!
  • supatim
    supatim Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Last Saturday, there was this big puffed up dude who had like 235 on the bench press and was walking around super puffy, asking people to spot him. I was doing chest adjacent to this and was watching in the mirror and laughing to myself. He finally finds this guy to spot him and he gets all squirmy and super serious - like he is a weightlifting Axl Rose. So, anyway - he gets it up and then .... does one rep. (1) fokking rep. The guy spotting him was oblivious and just went back to his business. This happened like 6 times. One rep x 6. With like 8 minutes of rest. Dude, I"m half your size and I'm not getting spotted for 235 x 6. My gripe is he was tying up the bench (we only have one) for WAY too long and the 80 minutes I was there he barely did anything but walk around all puffy... Maybe there is a value for that under CARDIO.

I actually feel better.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

Me too, cept I pictured an old version of Stuart from SNL. :D I think I laughed another pound off!! Hahaha!

HAHAHA!

"Look what I can do!"
    (it's actually Mad TV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvbFMGmImg
  • jcomley1
    Options
    Last Saturday, there was this big puffed up dude who had like 235 on the bench press and was walking around super puffy, asking people to spot him. I was doing chest adjacent to this and was watching in the mirror and laughing to myself. He finally finds this guy to spot him and he gets all squirmy and super serious - like he is a weightlifting Axl Rose. So, anyway - he gets it up and then .... does one rep. (1) fokking rep. The guy spotting him was oblivious and just went back to his business. This happened like 6 times. One rep x 6. With like 8 minutes of rest. Dude, I"m half your size and I'm not getting spotted for 235 x 6. My gripe is he was tying up the bench (we only have one) for WAY too long and the 80 minutes I was there he barely did anything but walk around all puffy... Maybe there is a value for that under CARDIO.

I actually feel better.

aarrh i know! like you want to walk over to be like so, like what happens now? do you want a gold star now? get the hell on with it!! get it done and get out. hahahahahhahaah!
  • jcomley1
    Options

HAHAHA!

"Look what I can do!"
    (it's actually Mad TV)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyvbFMGmImg

THIS IS HIM!!! just picture him doing this, holding a freaking skipping rope! WHAT A DOHNUT!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    when i'm on the stationary bike, pedaling away, listening to my music....there is this lady that has to come and sit on the one next to me, and sit there and try to talk to me the WHOLE time....HELLO...I have my headphones on for a reason!!
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    For no one to be watching him, you sure do know a lot about what he is doing. Also, what the heck is debraining?