running NSV

Options
2»

Replies

• halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    well i did it :) on sunday i ran the furthest i have ever run WITHOUT stopping.........

i managed to run 11.7 miles in 2hours8mins

i started running in january 2012 not being able to run 30seconds without wanting to die and on sunday the 15th of july 2012 i RAN 11.7miles

so happy

Nice job! Keep working at it. I love the days when everything just clicks and I fall in to an almost meditative state while running.
  • dsckrc
    dsckrc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    thats amazing! made my mouth drop open :noway:

it used to take me 20 minutes to run/walk a mile and now i'm finally RUNNING it in about 10 minutes. that's something i never thought i'd be able to do. running is an addiction. keep up the good work...
  • insanity525
    Options
    Congrats on the accomplishment; I know how hard it is to get to that point!

I hate to run but this post just reminded me that I need to start training for the half marathon I signed up to run in January! This will be my second 1/2 marathon. Excited about the accomplishment but dreading the 13.1 miles!!!! Any words of wisdom or a training schedule? I have 23 weeks to train starting fom August 20th.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    oh thanks u everyone for your kind words.
    here goes on answering some questions........ i didnt use any trainning programmes i just decided one day that running is free and i CAN do it. i started with my dog in january and we run on country paths and mountains so she can run off the lead next to me. when i go out on poavment runs she stays at home alos big runs is to much for her.

yes i am training for a half marathon, its the one held in cardiff wales UK in october, im hoping to do it in 2hours 15mins so i need to speed up a little more for that.

i use to run in my gym shoes but as i got better i found they were no good for me so went to a running store and got a decent pair, however not the best as i normally give up on things, however ive stuck to this so for christmas im having a very good pair of nike shoes :)

ive recently taken up crdio boxing and im finding its helping me with all my upper body.

anyways i hope ive answered ur questions xx
  • sallytx
    sallytx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    yeah! good for you!!!! keep up the good work!
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options

yes i am training for a half marathon, its the one held in cardiff wales UK in october, im hoping to do it in 2hours 15mins so i need to speed up a little more for that.

Well done with your running, it is brilliant. If you fancy another challenge in October, I am taking part in this in Cardiff:

http://www.mhsurvival.co.uk/page1.asp
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, well done.
    I have just started running so hopefully in 6 months I will be able to match you :happy: :smile:
  • patelkinnari
    patelkinnari Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    OMG...that's grat progress....i am still in the zone where i can't run..
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job.
  • tatlona12
    tatlona12 Posts: 13
    Options
    Good for you!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! I started running in January too - and my longest run was last Saturday - 8.5 miles. So you are little ahead of me!
  • annokoye
    annokoye Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow,

That is absolutely amazing. You are almost ready for a half marathon race.

Annokoye
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!