Hookah Steam-Stones. Better?

Options
Mr_Cape219
Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
So, a long long time ago (in a galaxy far away... wait no) I had posted a question about health impacts of hookah on a dieting and fitness growing body.

I do occasionally dabble in hookah recreationally. (a hookah is a water pipe, which features the act of burning flavored tobacco. The tobacco is flavored with honey, molasses, and some flavoring) And while I feel I dont do it enough to impact me entirely, I still wondered about effects as far as health.

I recently found "steam-stones" which are volcanic stones that are dipped in a syrup-y mixture. Instead of burning tobacco, you're heating these stones up which cause them to steam. The flavored steam travels through the cold water and creates a thicker, fuller cloud.

Now those that have tried this, would you imagine this to be a healthier alternative for hookah smoking? Is it just as bad? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• mingecrackers
    Options
    That definitely does sound much better for you ^_^
  • SithZombie
    SithZombie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I need those steam-stones in my life!!! Can't wait to see what reviews you get for them!!
  • dellrio
    dellrio Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have been curious about this myself. I get my hookah out a couple times a month. The stones are way more expensive. I really like the feeling from tobacco based shisha that I do not get with the herbal blended shisha. I was wondering if the stones actually give you a buzz too or if its just about smoke and flavor?
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I have been curious about this myself. I get my hookah out a couple times a month. The stones are way more expensive. I really like the feeling from tobacco based shisha that I do not get with the herbal blended shisha. I was wondering if the stones actually give you a buzz too or if its just about smoke and flavor?

When I smoked the steamstones, I got a buzz too. there is still a small amount (0.5%) nicotine which I think helps with it, the brand I was using is called "Xhale". Some stones are sold without nicotine though. They didnt taste chemically (which is a complaint I heard for some flavors) but for the most part, the stones can last a good amount of time. I havent checked, but I'm pretty sure the stones are reusable too. After the juice dries out, just throw them back in the container and reshake it. I'll have to double check though.

I never had herbal blended shisha before. Just the tobacco kind.

I think its worth the price, considering that a nice amount of Starbuzz is more or less the same price.
  • dellrio
    Options
    I may have to give them a try then. I saw them in a shop and they were $35 for a container, and the non-tobacco herbal blend stuff was only $7 so i bought that, after it was gone I immediately went back to the star buzz stuff. I already have the vortex bowl which is required for usage of the stones - but I have also been told that the stones are reusable and the smoke lasts much longer than with a tobacco based product. Also it might be easy to make your own syrup after the stone container has gone empty. I have made my own shisha its pretty simple its just glycerine, honey, and your flavoring - you can get flavor extracts at almost any grocery store.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    So I guess that answers the question then. Its probably more healthy than tobacco!

Wow $35 bucks for a container? I payed $16! Was your brand Xhale or some other brand? I am starting to wonder if I got the cheaper end of the stick :/
  • dellrio
    Options
    Not sure what the brand was - but it was in a clear glass container - you could see the stones, and had a black screw on lid. Stones looked like white ceramic-ish and the syrup color was different for different flavors.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Not sure what the brand was - but it was in a clear glass container - you could see the stones, and had a black screw on lid. Stones looked like white ceramic-ish and the syrup color was different for different flavors.

I have a black lidded glass container for the white steam stones as well.. But I bought mine at the O.C. Fair. That may be a factor.
  • pinupbellaartista
    Options
    It seems to me that smoking the steam is the same thing as a steam treatment for people with lung issues. http://oneradionetwork.com/healing-modalites-articles/5-health-benefits-of-steam-inhalation-2-article/