Looking for friends and support!!

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Barb, I'm a 30 yr old mother of 2 boys,very energetic boys....I joined a few months ago,but didn't take it seriously until 5 days ago. I decided I'm ready,and that I need to do this; this weight needs to come off NOW. I started to realize that my weight is effecting every aspect of my life, and I have had enough. I'm really excited about starting this new journey, and I'm looking for people to share it with, so feel free to add me!!!

Replies

• gr8scraps
    gr8scraps Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined today, I like the ease of finding everything. Tried net diary, it sucked I thought.
    While I find it interesting about the countdown, it has made me aware of the carbs . I don't clearly understand how
    The carb goal could be so high. I had a fitness trainer and he said to get 2 lbs a week for now I should stick with no more than 25-30 carbs. Tough to do.
  • jennsavage88
    Options
    I would love to be your buddy, we can hold each other accountable! I used MFP for a short while over the winter but this is day 2 back :)

As for the amount of carbs, you're thinking of simple carbs aka sugar, white bread, etc. Complex carbs are dietary fiber, green vegetables, beans and lentils, whole grain breads and starchy veggies like potatoes or corn. You want to aim for the complex carbs and stay far, far away from the simple ones. :)
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    In the house.