funny things you've worn your hrm for

Yesterday I installed a window air conditioner unit. It was heavy. When I first picked it up my friend made a crack about "don't forget to log your exercise!!" and so I put on my hrm just to see. 35 minutes, 2 windows, lots of expletives, and a broken nail later I burned 254 calories!! Totally surprised me.

Anything you've ever done and surprised you how many calories it burned?

Replies

• It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    I want to wear one during sex.
  • thebaconbeast
    thebaconbeast Posts: 560 Member
    Cardio.
  • Tannedtiffers
    Tannedtiffers Posts: 558 Member
    my hubby won't let me wear it during sex lol
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Folding Laundry. It really adds up when you have several loads to fold, hang and stuff in drawers.
  • shoesalwaysfit
    shoesalwaysfit Posts: 48 Member
    Sorry - new here.... what's an hrm?
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 468 Member

^^^This....but I just think it might be odd....hahaha!!
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    When I first got it I was curious about how it worked and experimented with a bunch of stupid stuff... try holding your breath it is crazy how much your heart rate starts to change... It made me realize the importance of proper breathing technique.
  • abetterjune
    abetterjune Posts: 219
    Sorry - new here.... what's an hrm?

Heart Rate Monitor

edit to add typo
  • ewhitehurst1
    ewhitehurst1 Posts: 178
    I want to wear it during sex but by the time I'm in the act I don't exactly think ...where's my HRM???
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Poopen....not as many cals as thought it would be lmao
  • Silence88
    Silence88 Posts: 26
    Lol I feel like that'd be added pressure. Like the number that comes up would be somehow a rate of performance.

Edit: About wearing it during sex.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    I thought about wearing one this weekend during my all nighter with the bf , since he will be back in town lol
  • Silence88
    Silence88 Posts: 26
    You can see how many calories eating something delicious burns! Haha I don't own one, but I assume it can be worn for anything.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member

Not odd at all in fact its sexy...but only if you wear it around your neck. :glasses:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Laundry
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member

I wore mine once during this only b/c I had it on already but I forgot to push the button to start it....I was thinking about other things....So, at least I wore it though....Maybe some other time I will go for pushing the button too...:laugh:
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Poopen....not as many cals as thought it would be lmao

lmao
  • uglyhobo
    uglyhobo Posts: 108 Member
    Burned 7 calories taking a ****
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 704 Member
    I did wear it during sex and it was funny because got most of the foreplay out of the way and then said...Oh Wait! She thought I was going to go get a toy but nope! Showed back up with it on had sex and then we laughed!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member

I have a friend who does this regularly and posts it as exercise. He created the exercise as Making Whoopie. So we all know what he's been doing. :blushing:
  • CandeesLand
    CandeesLand Posts: 200
    I've worn it during sex once. It was a little weird, and I kept wanting to check my heart rate during different things, which kinda kills the mood.
  • ChrisStoney
    ChrisStoney Posts: 479 Member
    I don't have one, but allways wondered how many calories someone would burn during sex :happy:

I guess it would depend on the person though!
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Future intended funny use: This weekend I'm going to go to a place where you jump on trampolines FOR FUN. Yeah, I'm gonna wear it there.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    wouldnt wearing it during sexy time sometimes give inaccurate readings? id imagine some dead fish chick laying there with a HRM seeing how many calories it burns to lay there and get pounded and move involuntarily. if youre putting some work in thats different.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181

That is the first thing I want to do when I get my new one.
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    wouldnt wearing it during sexy time sometimes give inaccurate readings? id imagine some dead fish chick laying there with a HRM seeing how many calories it burns to lay there and get pounded and move involuntarily. if youre putting some work in thats different.

Not if you are doing it right *wink wink*
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Wore it during sex, forgot to press start. Wore it during "self love" for the craic, burnt *kitten* all.(edit-sorry for tmi)

Wore it to a comedy gig and burnt over 300 cals laughing because,y heart rate went through the roof!
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Wore it during sex, forgot to press start. Wore it during "self love" for the craic, burnt *kitten* all.(edit-sorry for tmi)

LMAO!
  • Nteeter
    Nteeter Posts: 190 Member
    Burned 7 calories taking a ****

holy crap thats funny...Im going to have to search for that later...wonder if its in cardio or strength?