Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers?

Options
2»

Replies

• mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When I first started this lifestyle change, I was eating the Healthy Choice and Smart Ones and whatever the other one is all the time for my lunches at work and lost weight. I kept an eye on my sodium intake and read labels like crazy. I never went over my recommended sodium amount. I got tired of them after awhile and started making my lunches for work but I think you'll do fine as long as you read food labels and keep an eye on your sodium.

When I first saw your avatar I thought your name was Nola (that was my mom's name) and then I thought that maybe you were from New Orleans. Turns out the second thought was correct. :laugh:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    When I first started this lifestyle change, I was eating the Healthy Choice and Smart Ones and whatever the other one is all the time for my lunches at work and lost weight. I kept an eye on my sodium intake and read labels like crazy. I never went over my recommended sodium amount. I got tired of them after awhile and started making my lunches for work but I think you'll do fine as long as you read food labels and keep an eye on your sodium.

When I first saw your avatar I thought your name was Nola (that was my mom's name) and then I thought that maybe you were from New Orleans. Turns out the second thought was correct. :laugh:

thanks for that. I think I will eventually start cooking as I start learning more about healthy choices but for now I think its easier to just go with the food labels. Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    The posters on this thread are certainly an inspiration:

72 pounds lost
    111 pounds lost
    116 pounds lost

!!!
  • klybarger
    klybarger Posts: 214
    Options
    Too funny - I just had one of the HC Steamers for lunch (chicken margherita?) and it was really good. I typically don't like Healthy Choice but this had a lot of flavor. Fortunately, I don't have too much of a sodium issue as far as blood pressue and it helps that I drink LOTS of water throughout the day to flush a lot of it out of my system, but it's something to think about.
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    Speaking of the steamer bags --- I bought some store brand "Broccoli Stir Fry Veggies" steam bag. Cooked, plopped the whole bag in bowl, added soy sauce & sesame oil. Tasted like fresh stir fry and didn't have the preservatives or sugar. I only wished I had some sesame seeds to add.

Awesome lunch for only 1.39 :)