Completed 1st Tri but this is NOT my Success Story

Options
final10
final10 Posts: 69 Member
Note: this was a Sprint Tri but my title was too long to say all that.

While I am proud of a lot of things I have accomplished this year; lost 25lbs, can run 5k+ for the first time in my life and competed in a Sprint Triathlon.

The truth is so far I haven't signed up for anything that I wasn't 99% sure I couldn't already do. My did my first 5k in April because another MFP member urged me to do it with her. At that point she wasn't so sure she could complete a 5k and I had already finished my Couch to 5k 2 months prior. When I signed up for the tri, I was already running and taking spin classes at least 2 days a week; I figured all I would have to do is add swimming.

The success story is for the women that signed up for the event maybe not so sure they would be able to complete it. I asked a lot of friends to do it with me and the majority told me no way, too much work. Only one (also another local MFP) did with me and btw left me in the dust! There were some women that if you looked at them, you probably wouldn't think athlete. There were some women coming in on their bike after I finished the run. They set a goal that a lot would consider out of reach or would be too embarrassed to be one of the last ones at the finish line but they trained for it and finished it! These are the ones I'm most inspired by. Thank you, you have motivated me to set a higher goal next time (I'm thinking half marathon in Nov.).

Replies

• itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    So happy for your success! I just did my first tri (also a sprint) June 30-12 people, I finished dead last but it was awesome to check that one off the list. Thank you for sharing your story-it was great to read!! best of luck with your marathon!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!