1st day on my diet! I need friends :)

Options
Starting my diet today. Overall I have 3 stone to lose to get down to 10 st.

If anyone has any tips about not feeling hungry (my biggest downfall) and resisting cravings - espically night time picking!!

xxxx

Replies

• tamimac12
    tamimac12 Posts: 36
    Options
    Today is my first day here! I don't know what a stone is, but I need to lose 100 pounds... I'll be your friend here :) I think it's ok to snack, but you have to snack smart. If you are over your calories for the day, then try to keep busy. My hard time is when I first get home from work. I want to sit and snack while I watch TV. good luck!
  • laurajethan
    laurajethan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Have add you both you just have to accept
  • katest89
    katest89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm from the uk - a stone is 14lbs so my goal is 42lbs.
    Good luck to you too. Have you tried to lose weight in the past?
    My work pattern always messes up my diet. I work shifts in a pub, I dont have time to eat before I go to work at 4.30pm and I should n't eat when I come home at midnight. I have bought some low fat cuppa soups to sip away on while im at work.
    I'm bad for that too - mindlessly snacking and watching tv :/
    Thanks for the friends request :)
  • Ayeshat
    Ayeshat Posts: 209
    Options
    Hey, I wanna loose a similar amount of weight.... hmmm tips... hot tea of any kind reduces the cravings, only eat when you're hungry (I know thats the annoying thing that everyone tells u but its true!) and eats lots fruits between meals... I also find that having small meals often really helps in filling u up.. welcome and feel free to add me :-)
  • michaelalalalala
    Options
    Resisting cravings was my big thing too... Some days I was having what I think were sugar withdrawals, feeling shaky and absolutely disgusting.. But after eating healthy and nothing crappy for 5 days that's all gone.

Upping your protein intake will help to make you feel fuller for longer, so try and have heaps of protein with dinner. I quite often want something sweet at night (damn sweet tooth) so have been told to grate an apple, then sprinkle a tiny amount of sugar over it. (When i say tiny I mean half a teaspoon MAX)...

Just stick with it, you can do it!!!!
  • karenharper88
    Options
    Hey, I'm new as well, so you can add me as a friend if you feel so inclined. :)
    When you're feeling hungry, something like 50% of the time it's because you're thirsty and your body's just confused. So drink water (not soda or energy drinks.. won't help, obviously) whenever you're feeling hungry, and it might help.
    Good luck, and happy mfp'ing!
  • katest89
    Options
    Thats a great idea about the grated apple and sugar. Could also put a bit honey or splenda on it :)
  • adila1979
    adila1979 Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi! This is also my day one. Although I'm not exactly on a diet, i've started 'behaving' myself, at least today. i'm not always hungry, i simply really like to eat (at any time of the day), but today whenever i wanted to i stuck to mellon chunks and green tea, at least it kept my mind off food throughout the day. I felt really happy with myself for resisting temptation;but it's only day one, i hope tomorrow i'll behave as good as today. Are you planning on doing any type of exercise?
  • mdmcmillen
    mdmcmillen Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Everyone in here feel free to add me :) I love meeting new people, and motivating my friends!
  • markr87
    markr87 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm basically new :P I've been attempting to lose weight for the last year or two, but have only become serious about it recently. I have a big goal... about 70-80 lbs that I'm working on, and well aware that this will take me some time.

It might sound a little contradictory, but eating more often helps to curb off hunger... the trick is finding healthy alternatives to snack on during the day. For example, you'll still have your breakfast, lunch and dinner, but supplement them with a snack in between.

It doesn't have to be elborate... a banana, chopped up pepper, or half a cup of cucumbers does the trick for me. A handful of unsalted almonds is also great. I know some people think produce is expensive, but it's not that much if you cut back on coffee or meals out.

Good luck!
  • Sevasti_Titi
    Sevasti_Titi Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Feel free to add me as well !!!

We can all use some motivation :)
  • katest89
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to try and squeeze in as much exercise as I can with work commitments, uni and my little girl :) I have joined the local gym so going to try and stick to doing one exercise class a week, swimming a few times and go to the gym sometimes. I don't like the gym as I find it boring - I would rather just go for a walk in the fresh air.

Thats great that you have had a good day adilia1979! You have to take it a day at a time.

Thanks! Good luck to you too markr87. It isnt the volume I eat that I need to overhaul, it is what I eat. I am lazy when it comes to cooking and I would rather just call in a take away than make something healthy. When I am eating healthy I love it and get right in the zone...it is just staying in the zone that is the hard thing!!
  • mrsflythe
    mrsflythe Posts: 3
    Options
    One thing that I do that seems to help is drink water in between bites of food during a meal. That helps fill you up and you don't feel bloated and too full afterwards. I've also heard putting lemon in your water can help as well :D Sending you a friend request as I'm trying to lose 40 pounds as well