high protein, low fat snacks

Options
I have been eating peanut butter (1 TB) for snack and cheese sticks, but they are high in fat. Tonight I did have fat free vanilla yogurt that was high in protein and fat free. Other suggestions?

Replies

• girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 on things instead of regular peanut butter & light string cheese (50 calories each). Also, if sodium isn't an issue for you, deli meat is pretty lean & usually around 60 calories or so per serving.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat - refined sugar is a lot more likely to do that.

And guess what they add to fat-free products to make them taste better? Sugar.

You're best to stick with something like peanut butter.
  • alexluong
    alexluong Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with fat! you actually want a decent amount. check out my diary for some ideas on food! i hit macros pretty well today.
  • alicia131dalab
    Options
    Salsa and multigrain tostitos. I do homemade with garden tomatoes, so can make a bunch and keep ready in the frig when I 'm hungry so I will not grab the junk. Hope that helps.
  • alicia131dalab
    Options
    I love peanut butter w/ granny smith apple slices too! Yummy
  • kmiskow
    kmiskow Posts: 24
    Options
    I seem to be going over my fat allowance based on their calculations. But I am trying the 6 smaller meals a day instead of 3 big and no snacks
  • AdrienneW18
    Options
    Weight Watchers Strawberry Smoothie frozen popcicles. They are delicious and have only 60 calories. They are a great snack! And there is nothing wrong with peanut butter!
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Remember that it's necessary to have fat in your diet! Don't try to cut out all fats or think fat free options are better for you, because they aren't; you're causing your body damage that way. Look up, "Why we need fat in our diets" and you'll probably find some good information.

However, I love Greek yogurt : )
  • bigbrownkid
    Options
    chobani is really good.. 14g of protein 0 fat :)
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Meat
  • kmiskow
    kmiskow Posts: 24
    Options
    This site says my goal is 43 gms of fat per day. I have no problem eating fat, but it just seems I go over most days. I hate Greek yogurt, tried it once. UGH! I am finding it hard to find balance between sugars and fats, etc.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    This site says my goal is 43 gms of fat per day. I have no problem eating fat, but it just seems I go over most days. I hate Greek yogurt, tried it once. UGH! I am finding it hard to find balance between sugars and fats, etc.

I go over my fat every single day - it's generally around 45-50% for me. And I'm losing a pound a week, because I'm also generally WAY under my sugar. Again...fat doesn't make you fat. Fat-free, with it's added sugar, is FAR worse for you. Eat healthy fats (nuts and nut butter, avocado etc) and you'll be fine.

Fat is essential for absorping many vitamins and nutrients.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fat doesn't make you fat - refined sugar is a lot more likely to do that.

And guess what they add to fat-free products to make them taste better? Sugar.

You're best to stick with something like peanut butter.

^^This for sure. Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbs/Sugar does. Also Peanut are not nuts, they are legumes. Try Almond Butter =)