My very own Before and After

Options
Ingadinga
Ingadinga Posts: 28 Member
I started in 2009, with a New Years Resolution to eat breakfast everyday and pack my own lunch. I lost around 10 lbs in a year doing just that. Then in August 2011 I had digestion problems and decided I needed to be healthier. I joined Weight Watchers, and lost 20 lbs in 4 months. I stopped WW when I found out about MFP, and lost 15 lbs since I joined in December.
I am around 5'7", I had my body fat tested when I was at 149 lbs and was 25% fat, not quite sure my percentage is right now. I run, weight lift around once a week, and throw in yoga here and there.
Starting weight (2009): 185 lbs
Starting weight (2011): 175 lbs
Current Weight: 141 lbs

I found this picture tonight, and thought it really showed my weight, before:
Before1.jpg
another before, i'm on the right:
Before3.jpg

and after:
after2.jpg

I wasn't in a hurry to lose, I want to successfully maintain a lower weight and felt if I changed my diet too much it wouldn't be sustainable. I currently eat around 1700-1800 calories a day. I still want to lose a little in my tummy. But it's not priority lol.
Another after, I took this because VS dressing rooms have such nice light:
After.jpg

Replies

• usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Awesome work, looking good!
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation! Congrats, you look great!
  • jd7887
    jd7887 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    Fantastic!! Your hard work is paying off b/c you look great!
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!
  • sgoessling
    sgoessling Posts: 119
    Options
    wow!! This is so awesome because i weigh 187 and its exciting to see what i could look like! congratz girl! You look AAMMMMMAAAZZZZZIIINNNGGG! (amazing lol)
  • Ingadinga
    Ingadinga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    I have really enjoyed losing weight, and I hope I have fun maintaining :-)

@sgoessling, I hear ya, I loved looking at pictures, especially when motivation is lacking.
  • DeeDel32
    DeeDel32 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!
  • tinahelton
    tinahelton Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Love the before and after pics! Also like how you are doing it slow and steady!
  • sleonardbranson
    Options
    Yea...you look beautiful, great job!
  • rbjd2004
    rbjd2004 Posts: 51
    Options
    Congratulations!! You look fantastic!
  • annie_banannie
    annie_banannie Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I joined Weight Watchers, and lost 20 lbs in 4 months. I stopped WW when I found out about MFP, and lost 15 lbs since I joined in December.

Congratulations on your achievement.

Can you please explain what you mean about MFP?
  • marji4x
    marji4x Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    that is so cool!!!

I too am taking things slow and steady and have a calorie goal of 1750 each day. It's inspiring to see people can lose weight and not cut down to something low like 1200 a day (which isn't really healthy). Thanks so much for sharing the details and those pictures are great! Congrats, you must be so proud :D
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! It's great to hear about another slow loss because mine is pretty much just creeping along and it's easy to get discouraged :sad: Congrats on your success!!!
  • BStew2012
    BStew2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I too would like to know more about MFP.
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look great. Well done.
  • gypsybree
    gypsybree Posts: 218
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • BStew2012
    BStew2012 Posts: 10
    Options
    Okay, duh, My Fitness Pal (MFP). I just realized this. I love MFP, my brother told me about it a couple days ago. I have already learned quite a bit and am doing very well so far. I think your photos are a testimony for all of us. Keep it up girl, you look wonderful!
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm about your 2nd starting weight and your before pics look like me! Seeing your afters really got me motivated. Great pics and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!