Late night Snacks

Options
I know you are not really supposed to eat anything late at night but my work schedule is crazy random. Sometimes I go into work at 7 am and get off at 3 but other nights I go into work at 3 pm and I dont get off until 11pm. When I work late and get home sometimes I just want a small snack while I am winding down and getting ready for bed. What would be a good healthy snack but something that would be filling and not bother me where its so late?

Replies

• ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    I ALWAYS keep special k strawberry fruit crisp bars in the house. They are 100 calories for 2 small fruit crisp things. Just enough to stop the hunger, but not overly filling either.
  • jrs5444
    jrs5444 Posts: 86
    Options
    I like the Special K Crisp bars too...but if you are actually hungry-hungry, you may need something a little more substantial than that. Popcorn, apples with peanut butter, yogurt, fresh fruit/veggies are some of my favorites =)
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Low fat plain yoghurt, mixed with one scoop of chocolate flavor whey protein isolate. The late-night, guilt-free chocolate mousse :bigsmile:
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Do what I do, order a small combination pizza.
  • MySantaigo
    Options
    Something protein-dense will be the most satiating, that is, despite one's desire for something high in simple carbs :). Could you do something like pre-make a chicken salad with celery, a few raisins, light mayo, mustard etc.salt and pepper--keep it as low fat as possible--and have it in the fridge for when you get home? Just eat 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of that.

In general, I suggest a small portion of low fat protein.
  • JackieMPearson
    Options
    Stupidloser- you just spoke the words of my heart/stomach- nice work pal. I have been forgoing that delicious snack for a long time now.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Do what I do, order a small combination pizza.

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm pizzzzzzzaaaa!!!!
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Protein is the best thing for you that late! No carbs or bread etc x
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Protein is the best thing for you that late! No carbs or bread etc x

I agree! Not many people eat this way - Most don't have a left over chicken breast or pork tenderloin in their fridge that they can just pop in the microwave, lol! But my suggestion is to "think outside the box"! No one curbs theireating habits by doing the same things they've always done ;)

Good luck!!
  • deepbreaths_strongmoves
    Options
    I often have greek yogurt with raspberries and a little bit of honey.. string cheese with crackers (kashi brand).. I also like popcorn with some dark chocolate.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I know you are not really supposed to eat anything late at night

^ Total intake determines change in weight. Timing does not.

You literally can eat all your calories in bed as long as you're consuming the proper total amount over time. And as long as you dont mind crumbs in the sheets.