My not-so-serious theory on sweets

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneyweiss
    Options
    Okay, this is so funny. This is often how my husband and I would justify treats in the past. Why must cookies come in such large packages? Torture, that's why.

But seriously, I think the idea of logging them first to see what you'd be putting into your body is a great idea. Thinking about that much sugar makes me ill.

But cookies are so good...
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    So I limited myself to 1 serving if anyone is curious. We'll see how long that lasts.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You're very brave. :laugh: I am not the type of person who can eat one or two cookies and then be done. No, I need to have all of them, or none of them. One of my friends can have just two and put them back...I always told her how lucky she was to be able to do that! And told her how jealous I was! :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    That was my theory tonight too with cheesecake ( :noway: ) I figured let's get it out of the way tonight so tomorrow I won't have to have it staring at me. It's funny how nasty I felt eating that cheesecake...I eventually sat it on the floor, and let my cats have their way with it.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    So I limited myself to 1 serving if anyone is curious. We'll see how long that lasts.

They're in the kitchen calling to you...come eat me, Monster...Yah, that sounds bad. You're a stronger man than I.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So my wife buys a thing of Chips Ahoy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies knowing damn well I have very little will power against these type of tasty treats. :grumble:

So here's what I would do normally... eat the whole bag that same night.

Here's where my theory comes in. If I eat them all now they can't keep tempting me the rest of the week, right? Plus I only have one day of going WAY over my calories instead of multiple days still going over just not as quite as much as if I'd eat the whole bag. :laugh:

So far so good so far though. I'm actually getting a little sick thinking about having to eat the whole bag tonight. :sick: :laugh:
    It must be a valid theory, since I have used the exact same logic in past.
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options

They're in the kitchen calling to you...come eat me, Monster...Yah, that sounds bad. You're a stronger man than I.

So many comments and none of them appropriate.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: But they made me laugh reading them all. Especially thinking about BrendaLee's cats bouncing off the wallafter eating the cheesecake. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: But they made me laugh reading them all. Especially thinking about BrendaLee's cats bouncing off the wallafter eating the cheesecake. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was talking about what I could say in reply to BrendaLee's last comment but you're right. I bring out the worst in folks according to her anyway.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Um true story, any comment with the phrase "come eat me" in it, must illicit inappropriate responses. It's like the law.
  • shutterbug4674
    shutterbug4674 Posts: 3,690 Member
    Options
    So my wife buys a thing of Chips Ahoy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies knowing damn well I have very little will power against these type of tasty treats. :grumble:

So here's what I would do normally... eat the whole bag that same night.

Here's where my theory comes in. If I eat them all now they can't keep tempting me the rest of the week, right? Plus I only have one day of going WAY over my calories instead of multiple days still going over just not as quite as much as if I'd eat the whole bag. :laugh:

So far so good so far though. I'm actually getting a little sick thinking about having to eat the whole bag tonight. :sick: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: : laugh:
    I like the way you think. LOL
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    :tongue: That's my theory! Why ruin a whole week? Just one night and move on:laugh:
    Seriously. I theorize like that too. Get it done and move on. :laugh:
  • ilike2moveit
    Options
    I'm going to have to do some online research to find out what's worse long term just for the heck of it:

6 cookies a night for a week on top of normal upkeep calories
    or
    42 cookies in a day on top of normal upkeep calories

Maybe say doing that once a month...
    I'm curious about this also. Let us know.:laugh:
  • ilike2moveit
    Options
    That was my theory tonight too with cheesecake ( :noway: ) I figured let's get it out of the way tonight so tomorrow I won't have to have it staring at me. It's funny how nasty I felt eating that cheesecake...I eventually sat it on the floor, and let my cats have their way with it.
    GOOD JOB- I love cheesecake-my favorite is from Costco. Ever tried it?
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    Just sounds like a mean wife...I try not to bring anything sweet into the house, especially chocolate, unless i know the teens will be around to destroy it before hubby sees it. He has a real problem with chocolate and oatmeal cookies.:cry: