Sweet Potato Fries

Options
girlygirl82
girlygirl82 Posts: 66 Member
So I made these last night for my son and I in an attempt to get him to eat more vegetables. Well, I must say that they were awesome. I really don't have the nutritonal value because I just eyeballed the ingredients but this is what it consisted of.... and I must say, you should really try this sometime because it was FABULOUS!!

Sweet Potatos peeled and cut into 1/2" strips

Put them in a large ziplock bag with a little oil drizzled over them

Sprinkle a decent amount of cinnamon over them along with a bit of paprika.

SHAKE!

Bake them in a single layer in a preheated 425 degree oven for 35 minutes turning occasionally.

In the last 5 minutes I sprinkled a smidge of brown sugar over the top after my last 'flip'.

Lastly: DEVOUR!! :smile:

Like I said no nutritional value, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.

Replies

• famv5
    famv5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh, those sound divine! Thanks for sharing that.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    So I made these last night for my son and I in an attempt to get him to eat more vegetables. Well, I must say that they were awesome. I really don't have the nutritonal value because I just eyeballed the ingredients but this is what it consisted of.... and I must say, you should really try this sometime because it was FABULOUS!!

Sweet Potatos peeled and cut into 1/2" strips

Put them in a large ziplock bag with a little oil drizzled over them

Sprinkle a decent amount of cinnamon over them along with a bit of paprika.

SHAKE!

Bake them in a single layer in a preheated 425 degree oven for 35 minutes turning occasionally.

In the last 5 minutes I sprinkled a smidge of brown sugar over the top after my last 'flip'.

Lastly: DEVOUR!! :smile:

Like I said no nutritional value, but it wouldn't be hard to figure out.
    parmesan pepper sweet potato fries which is 1/2 pound sweet potatoes 1tbsp reduced fat parmesan cheese 1/2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/8 tsp garlic powder 1/8 tsp paprika pinch of cayenne salt to taste pinch of ground black pepper ketchup(optional) Makes 1 serving Per serving 249 calories 5 g protein 49 g carbs 4 g fat (trace saturated), 8 mg cholesterol, 7g fiber, 238 mg sodium ..... this is from the Biggest loser cookbook
  • jjohnson0882
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can buy prepackaged/frozen sweet potatoe fries? I've tried Meijer, they don't carry them, Trader Joe's has them, but I don't have one of those around me. :grumble:
  • Biggestloserfan
    Options
    Packaged ones have a lot of added preservatives and things you could avoid by making your own. It really is pretty easy to make and you doesn't take a lot of extra time. You could also use this with regular red potatoes as well.
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know where you can buy prepackaged/frozen sweet potatoe fries? I've tried Meijer, they don't carry them, Trader Joe's has them, but I don't have one of those around me. :grumble:

I've seen them at Sam's Club, but haven't tried them yet. :smile:
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    OMG i :heart: sweet potato fries!!! they're amazing
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options

I've seen them at Sam's Club, but haven't tried them yet. :smile:

yes- Sam's club has them... my fiance's mom buys them a lot from Sams. they're good!
  • SkinnyJess
    SkinnyJess Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Try Kroger/ City Market/ King Soopers. I live by a City Market and they have them. THey are in the healthier frozen section though not by the fries at our store. They are by the veggie burgers and Kashi frozen foods. Can't remember the brand right off hand but I know I've seen them.

Hope this helps! :smile:
  • ctucker07
    ctucker07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I noticed them at Costco the other day.
  • TJFreeman
    Options
    I buy them at Kroger (brand name of them is McCain's) and I have bought them at Whole Foods - Alexia makes them. Alexia has plain ones and chipotle seasoned ones that I just tried last night. They get two thumbs up. I like to dip my sweet potato fries in mustard - gives them that sweet/tart thing that I love.
  • cooperl
    Options
    I can buy them at my local walmart where the frozen FF are located. They are walmarts great value brand:)
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm planning a southern BBQ themed thanksgiving (not low cal sorry) and this is totally being made!
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Instead of the brown sugar and paprika I add roast potato seasoning. You can find it at Wal-mart sometimes in the produce area. There's one that's bacon flavored with only 5 cals per serving (for the seasoning). Soooo freakin' good!!!
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    mmm sounds delish!!! bump for later!! :flowerforyou:
  • loritas
    loritas Posts: 51
    Options
    Bump
  • brwnsgr
    brwnsgr Posts: 78
    Options
    bump for later!
  • shariguymon
    shariguymon Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    another great thing to use on them instead of cinnamon is a little garlic salt or Mrs Dash. Any herb blend with garlic and little or no salt is great!:happy: love em!