Replies

• SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    i lost 60 pounds last year on MFP then got pregnant and thought "i'm going to breast feed so i'll lose the weight easy" and just ate like a pig. well guess what, i got an infection and had to take meds that i couldn't breast feed on and ended up only losing 15 pounds, even though i gaind 60!! now i have to lose it all over again.
  • PaulaBr0wn
    Options
    I tried the HCG diet and lost 30 pounds in about 30 days. It slowly came back within a matter of 4 months. The doctor had given me a new prescription and one of the side effects was weight gain. I have also did diet pills phentermine did not work so much for me. It gave me horrible migraines. It has worked wonders for others but at the end of the day if you dont change the way you eat you are bound to gain it back. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I dont desire to be a skinny mini, I just desire to be a healthy weight. To hear I am obese for my height and weight does kind of scare. I have even tried something at complete nutrition called Tone and Reveal, those did work but once again within a year I gained the weight back. Its about change, adapting a healthy lifestyle with healthy eating skills and working out. Baby steps this time, I am not rushing anything. At 34 I need to get it together and get it off once and for all.......
  • loufranks
    loufranks Posts: 45
    Options
    I lost 6.5 stone on Weightwatchers but gained it back over 3 years. It worked great while I stuck to it, but I found that I just couldn't stick to it long term. I know it's a healthy eating plan (and it is) but because I knew the points, when I'd exceeded etc it all became too rigid. I found it was counter-productive because when I binged I'd just give up.

This time I have changed my entire way of thinking and, although I have no doubt that the weight loss will be slower, I am confident that my new habits and thoughts are healthier and I'll be able to live with them longer term. It's all a matter of psychology for me!
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    So, you want our stories of failure?
    What good is this?
    How about hearing about how some of us overcame failure to actually achieve our goals?
    Misery loves company; I get it.
    Yes, I have failed several times, and felt like quitting. I did not.
    I kept punching!:drinker:
    So should you. The road of success is paved with the stones of failure.
    Learn from your mistakes, gather your energies and move forward.
    Start with following the MFP recommendations for optinal health and lasting weight loss.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work
    And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies
    Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.:flowerforyou:

All Is Possible!

That's my inspirational pal!! Listen to him OP, he knows what he's talkin about! :bigsmile:
  • EllieNewOrleans
    Options
    Bump for later :)))))
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    I have never failed....because I've never stopped trying.

As the saying goes; you don't drown by falling in a puddle....you drown by not getting back up.
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I admit I was going through a rough situation at the time though and comfort ate so much. It was almost as though I had no control over what I put in my mouth and was never ever full. I used to eat until I was nearly sick.

I've struggled with this too, except I knew and had complete control of what went into my mouth. It was a choice for me. I would have rather eaten so much i made myself feel nothing but sick from it (full and fat and uncomfortable) than feel what i was dealing with. until i had dealt with my other issues, i couldn't deal with my eating problems, and even once i did, it's so hard not to revert back to that when i have a bad day....

one day at a time, one bite at a time.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    So, you want our stories of failure?
    What good is this?
    How about hearing about how some of us overcame failure to actually achieve our goals?
    Misery loves company; I get it.
    Yes, I have failed several times, and felt like quitting. I did not.
    I kept punching!:drinker:
    So should you. The road of success is paved with the stones of failure.
    Learn from your mistakes, gather your energies and move forward.
    Start with following the MFP recommendations for optinal health and lasting weight loss.
    This is how MFP works
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/3-how-does-myfitnesspal-work
    And Tips for Newbies
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470367-tips-for-newbies
    Just get started by going into settings to Update diet/fitness profile.
    Set your goals for 1 lb weight loss per week.
    NO MORE!
    And eat lean meats, low fat dairy, nuts, whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies.
    Do both cardio and resistance exercise.
    AND EAT BACK YOUR EXERCISE CALORIES!
    Remember, this is not a race, and you can reach your goals if you stick to a good plan as recommended on this site.

You have many people here ready to lend support, answer qustions and discuss any challenges.
    You can do this.:flowerforyou:

All Is Possible!

I wanted to be able to think about the weight loss methods that are non sustainable and hear other people's experiences of what works for them and what doesn't. There was no deep seated emotional agenda other than me being nosey ;-) I was just reflecting on the reasons why people lose then re gain the weight over the years. I find it interesting to hear whats worked for people and what hasn't. Maybe Failure wasn't the best title for the thread but it was the first thing that came to mind about the subject...ohhh...maybe that says something about my frame of mind lol. I can tend to be a bit negative at times, but this is something else I am working on lol. Thanks for your reply x
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    About 5 yrs ago I reached my goal. I had lost 104lbs.
    I did this by gradually getting into weightlifting. Right before I reached my goal I was lifting 4days a week and cardio 6days. I ate a clean diet macros being 40-40-20. I felt strong and I felt awesome....
    Then I got divorced, became a single mom and let it all slip away. Nothing to blame other than my self and emotional eating.
    Took 5 years to gain back most of the weight. Pretty upsetting when I think about it.
    climbing back on that horse and giving it another go:smile: Never giving up!
    (also learning more about my eating issues and how to deal with them)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    About 5 yrs ago I reached my goal. I had lost 104lbs.
    I did this by gradually getting into weightlifting. Right before I reached my goal I was lifting 4days a week and cardio 6days. I ate a clean diet macros being 40-40-20. I felt strong and I felt awesome....
    Then I got divorced, became a single mom and let it all slip away. Nothing to blame other than my self and emotional eating.
    Took 5 years to gain back most of the weight. Pretty upsetting when I think about it.
    climbing back on that horse and giving it another go:smile: Never giving up!
    (also learning more about my eating issues and how to deal with them)

Oh I totally identify with you, I was in a very very similar place to you. But hey we get on with it, dust ourselves off and learn from the past mistakes. I'm a strong believer in the phrase 'what doesn't kill you makes you stronger' Good luck x