Where is the Loss Coming From?

Options
I've lost almost 20 lbs and yet my clothes don't fit ANY different at all. Not a single bit of difference - so now I'm wondering where that 20 pounds I lost was? My arms? My head? My ankles? :laugh: So crazy - definitely didn't come from anywhere that would affect the way my clothes fit - so not off my waist, my hips, my booty, any of the places I'd like it to leave from! Pretty soon I'll just have itty bitty limbs and a giant body still. :noway:

Replies

• nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my first 18lbs came from my chin. :laugh:
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    HealthierHappierBrenda Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    No worries, i've lost 37lbs in the last 6 months....went from a size 16 to maybe 14 and sometimes 12, 13 depending on the brand....but am finally starting to feel and notice a difference...especially in my legs so i'm hoping my tummy catches up soon :tongue:
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I make myself the same question, but I have a hunch, it's coming down from my legs, which is hard to note when you use loose pants. Some but not a lot from my face, barely noticeable. I take measures but They change very little.
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    seriously. I've lost almost 15 and am asking the same question! kinda frustrating, buuuutttt... ill keep on trucking along. I'm sure there will be a difference soon enough :)
  • gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my first 18lbs came from my chin. :laugh:

Haha. I was thinking the same thing! This is where I notice it first!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Most probably come from water because that is the very first thing that we lose when we are in the initial stage of our journey but eventually the fat will soon follow. However when you're not doing any resistance training, it could also result in muscle loss that will result to having a lower weight but a flabby body which isn't good.
  • mamamudbug
    mamamudbug Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think I'm losing from my head down and feet up. When I look at my progress pictures I can tell I've lost quite a bit of back fat. I'm just not losing that much in the belly so my pants are staying the same. They do fit looser in the thigh and butt due to lifting though.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    It could be muscle loss as someone else suggested. Do you do resistance training? You may do better upping protein and lowering carbs.