Scale wrong?

incircles_lp2
incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Just curious if this has happened to anyone else. I weigh myself at work on this pretty old scale. I weighed myself about 3 days ago and it read 163.5. i weighed myself the next day and it read 157. I read it today and it said 156! There is no way I am losing weight that fast! i haven't really been eating any less in the past 3 days. This scale has been very consistent the past 3 months. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    you can if your exercising
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    i'd probably start using a new more reliable scale
  • I dont think its wrong. I have weeks like that were I am doing everything normal and just drop a ton of weight. Revel in the 156.
  • incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    If that's the case, hell yes! I haven't dropped any weight really since June and I have been working my butt off! About time, eh? Maybe I have finally hit a weight loss streak:)
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    6.5 pounds in ONE day? That's "Biggest Loser" type weight loss and they all weigh 300+. How about heading to the grocery store and using the scale by the door for a "second opinion?"
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Look, you're weighing at work, so you're (probably) not naked. On the first day you weighed, you may have been wearing heavier clothes, maybe just ate or drank, or had on heavier shoes.

You may have lost some weight, but thats a lot given your current weight. I would say its either a bad scale or you have some variable you are not accounting for, like food, drink, or clothing.
This discussion has been closed.