It was easy to lose first few kilos

Options
inshu
inshu Posts: 4 Member
I started losing from 97 kilos and reached until 89. I have been noticing since one month there is no change in the weighing scale. Started 2 months ago and was all well until last month :ohwell:

I read it somewhere its the water weight which we lose initially. I do exercise for 30 minutes-7 times a week and eating under MFP instructions (once or twice cheating :wink: )

Any suggestions fellow members, which I can adhere?

Replies

• smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, eat healthy and exersize.

Weight loss can be slow and isnt instant, if your in a plateu lots of people suggest new exersizes changing it up.

If you think there are any other issues, see your GP, some people have over or under active thyriods which can cause weight issues.

Another thing I would say is use a tape measure, lots of people see inches rather than scale weight disapeer sometimes!! me included x
  • zeratul1080
    zeratul1080 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't think you lost 8kgs of water weight :)

Your body is smart, it can adapt really quickly to be efficient at using energy, great for survival, but bad for weight/fat loss. Maybe your body is use to the exercise and diet already. As previously suggested, try different exercises. Your body has to work harder when it's doing something unfamiliar. Also, you can try shifting your macro nutrients, like more protein, or more carbs... or on some days, eat more calories, and other days eat less, but weekly, you're still eating the same amount of calories. You can google breaking plateaus for more indepth explanation and other strategies on this topic.