Need to remotivate.

Options
Hi all,

I've been on this website for almost a year now. I've lost a lot of weight and I think I got too comfortable. At 145lbs and 10 away from my goal, I just started eating what I wanted and wasn't logging as carefully.

During the day, I'd still make my healthy choices - my problem was in the evening. My husband and I would go out for dinner, or to a movie, or go to the ice cream store. That's where all of these bad choices were coming in. I wasn't careful enough and would end up pigging out.

I stepped on the scale this morning and saw 153lbs. To go over 150 lbs after all I've worked for is hard. I know it's only a 6 lb gain - but that's a lot to me.

I then measured. I was so proud to have reached 27inches on my waist. And I was working hard to keep going and tone up. But I just stopped doing my workouts. I've gained inches everywhere. My waist sits at 29 now.

It's just frustrating that I allowed myself to forget the hard work and just go off onto my own little thing.

To solve it - I've lowered my calories a little. I was eating more than I should. And I'm planning on doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 to start out and then move on to Leandro Carvalho's Brazil Butt Lift again.

From MFP what I need is encouragement. I really feel awful about this and I need suggestions for staying on t rack or maybe even your own story of having to retrack yourself.

Thanks.

Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    When it comes to motivation, one word: GOALS!
    Having goals in life drive us to succeed.
    And I address these areas:

Family and Home
    Financial and Career
    Spiritual and Ethical
    Physical and Health
    Social and Cultural
    Mental and Educational

I write out what I want out of life in each of these areas.
    When we write down a goal we are more likely to achieve it.
    Written goals can be reviewed regularly, hence they have more long-range power.
    Like a contract with yourself, they are harder to neglect or forget.
    Also, by writing goals in the following fashion, you can stimulate your
    subconscious to be continuously alert to situations that will further those goals.
    And what action can I take to reach these goals?
    TODAY is the day; this moment is the moment you've been waiting for.
    Write down all the things you want in life, then get to work TODAY :flowerforyou:
    Go here for help:
    Goals For Dummies
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/setting-smart-management-goals.html
    No, you're no dummy, but this is good info.
    Let your fitness goals work in conjunction with everything else. Our goal areas are like spokes in a wheel.
    Balance is key. Good Luck, and remember....
    All Is Possible!
  • VAMommyAgain
    VAMommyAgain Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I agree...having a goal really helps me! What I had to do was reset my ticker. Initially I had the ticker that showed how much I had lost already...and that let me be complacent b/c I kept justifying that 'well I've already lost 30 lbs'...I've now reset to how many pounds I want to lose. It totally helped refocus me!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you did the right thing - and got back to what you know will get you back on target!